cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Goods receipt/ NO PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following scenario how do I handle it?

1) Have a blanket order for fuel

2) Only goods receipt needs to be done (which will indicate the amount of fuel received)

3) No individual POs

4) Auto invoicing necessary

My questions are

1) Based on the GR, can we automatically create a PO and tie that PO to the Blanket Purchase Order?

2) For Auto Invoicing, do we go for Evaluated Receipt settlement ?

3) Can Goods Receipt be customized to account for some of the enhancements we are looking for to make it very user friendly?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: KA on Nov 19, 2008 10:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Based on the GR, can we automatically create a PO and tie that PO to the Blanket Purchase Order?

Yes, you can create the PO based on the GR to do that

use MIGO with movement type 501 before that you have to have the config settings for this movement type

goto OMJJ and select the 501 movement type and check the auto PO check box.

2) For Auto Invoicing, do we go for Evaluated Receipt settlement ?

yes you have to use the ERS and for that your vendor must be checked for Auto Eval GR set del and Ret

3) Can Goods Receipt be customized to account for some of the enhancements we are looking for to make it very user friendly?

Yes you can do that, by develping the custom transaction or use the user exit or BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Activate the automatic PO creation for movement type in IMG below

Materials management - Inventory management - Goods receipt - Create purchase order automatically.

Ensure that you have info record for the material / vendor / for the plant where you are receiving the material as the price for GR valuation & PO would be pulled from info record.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot have a GR against a Blanket Po. if you want to do GR for an other PO and update the blanket PO

You'd have to customize and pass values at the item level to include another PO # and that'd be a nightmare for you

You can create a PO if it does not exist after posting a GR automatically through customization

Auto invoicing is possible and enhancements to you GR are possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

How we create PO automatically after GR posting. Can you please provide a high level overview/ transactions involved so that I can try it. Appreciate any input.