Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job cancelled_Message No. MC601

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

There is a background job (program RVKRED77) scheduled every day at 4AM. In the recent 2 weeks, the job is cancelled because the same user locked the object. The user said he had logged off SAP and worked since 8AM. I checked that yesterday via SM04 and this user ID did not show. However, same issue happened today.

Pls advise. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy.

1. Check the any lock enters in the user id by using the transaction code sm12.

2. From user site abruptly disconnection while working time?

3. If possible schedule the BG job some other time?

Regrads

SS

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Sriam,

Thanks a lot for your advice. It is really helpful.

In SM12, I found some Strange things for this user ID.: LIKP is locked by VL01N while document no. 80269535 shows "not in the database or has been archived". I tested using VL01N and SM12 shows the table is VBAK but not LIKP.

Looking forward to your futher advice.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy.

I thing you can clear the lock enter in SM12, just see the date and time it showing last month or check with function consultant to check the status.

Regards

SS

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cathy,

There is a fair possibility that your job run for RVKRED77 is running at the time of another job which using Table Sales Docs (VBAK/VBAP; LIKP/LIPS) like sales order rescheduling or delivery creation or MRP.

Instead of individually scheduling each job, try to create one sequence put these programs in a sequence of relevance.

Thanks,
JP

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Jyoti,

Thanks for your advice.

No jobs are created by this user ID while that job is cancelled due to this user ID. Can i say no other jobs affect?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the parallel running of the job is not the issue.
Then I advise you to check SM21 for the system log. There you should be able to get the exact reason for failure.

If in case system log is not conclusive. Then take help of the BASIS team for SM13, where they can analyse the update termination.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,
JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS note 755395

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your advice.

As only this program is used, the note seems not suitable.

In SM12, I found some Strange things for this user ID.: LIKP is locked by VL01N while document no. 80269535 shows "not in the database or has been archived". I tested using VL01N and SM12 shows the table is VBAK but not LIKP.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cathy L,

Check in T-Code SM12 if there are any transaction run by the user, This T-Code will list all the Sessions that are locked by different users.

You can also run the T-Code with respective to the intended user.

Regards!

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Thanks for your advice.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cathy L,

Find out the valid reason for the lock entries and check if you can clear the entries from SM12.

If yes delete the entries in SM12 and run the Job again, it should execute fine.

Regards!