cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am trying to establish an Jco connection to R/3 server.

I have configured SLD and tested it.

Though i successfully created a new Jco connection "SAP_R3_HumanResources" for the ESS BP,

I encountered the following error when testing the Jco connection:

"com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=ctsgvcsap3 SYSNR=03 GWHOST=ctsgvcsap3 GWSERV=sapgw03 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Thu Dec 22 19:00:12 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 1"

please note: We have added ECC 5.0 components when creating the connection in SAPGUI

Thanks in advance,

Vivekanandan.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yaron_ganor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vivekanandan,

The exception probably means that service <b>sapgw03</b> was not found.

In order to create a connection to a SAP System JCO takes the system number and searches for the according gateway service name and port in the services file. (..winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services)

The reason for the exception could be that your "services" file does not contain the relevant entry for that service:

<b>sapgw03 3303/tcp</b>

Normally, the services file is automatically updated when you install the SAP Logon. However, you can also add the line manually. You may need to restart you PC afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Yaron.