cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW45 cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In IW45 we are unable to cancel the service order confirmation it says error message Posting period 007 2012 is locked (check posting date).

I did try in sap community but no where I see the right flow. We know that if we open the period in OKP1 it will allow but we are looking for a field in IW45 where we can re-enter the posting period.

View Entire Topic
peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you need to cancel, and re-create the confirmation.

To do this you will need to open the posing period.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Peter,

There should be a way just like changing the posting period of goods movement against a service order in COGI.Cause every time we can't open the period in PRODUCTION and do the cancellation.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the reason is because the cancellation performs a reverse posting in the original posting period to zero-balance the books..

Try asking your FICO team.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned, without opening the previous period, you can't cancel that confirmation. Before closing the period at month end, all the postings should be cross-verified by finance as well as the department owner (in this case, maintenance manager). Then the period should be closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find some way activating the posting field on the iW45 screen. Now, no error, I can overwrite the  system proposed date.

igigus_igigus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Can you please help how what  you did exactly to proposed posting date in IW45

Thanks in advance.