Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to 's reply:

Use the latest available version and patch as there were some issues with Inventory Opening Balance that have been fixed in SAP Business One Version 9.1 PL11.

You can refer to SAP Note 2201013 and 2278176 for the same.

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Global Support

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Notes that you have mentioned apply to DTW.

I am trying to use DI API to create Inventory Opening Balance documents. Which object should I use in DI API?

Thanks

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I have gone through those notes and I believe the issue impacts existed only when using DTW. I assume there was no issue in creating multiple Inventory Opening Balance documents using DI API. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

DTW also works based on the DI API. So if you say that you have found the issue in importing using DTW, then in 90% cases the problem lies in DI API only.

Also the issues that are mentioned in the notes, have been already resolved in SAP Business One Version 9.1 PL11. So if you are using the same or higher, there should be no problem at all.

Also it could be that the issue was with DTW only that time. So that you need to check thoroughly that the problem is not with DI API.

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Global Support

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandappa,

You don't mention what version of SBO you are using so I'm going to assume it's version 9.x

We use the Goods Receipt document type (oInventoryGenEntry)  to import in the initial stock balances via the SDK. This includes all the child objects for Bin Locations, Batches and Serial Numbers. I wrote an Excel based utility that allows the user to enter in all the initial stock data in to one sheet and then macro code calls the DI API and creates multiple goods receipts with a maximum of 200 lines per document (in theory you could just have one goods receipt but the SBO client doesn't handle large documents very well so I'd recommend 100-200 lines at most). The journal entry can be posted to a suitable clearing account so it can be easily reconciled and reversed.

Kind Regards,

Owen

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

I am trying to write a similar utility but using Inventory Opening Balance document instead of Goods Receipt document.

Which DI API object should I use?

Thanks.

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

100-200 lines per document for the main document lines is fine. What about the child lines, like lines for each item's batches, etc.?

If we have 100 item lines in 1 document, and each item has 100 batch lines, will SBO be able to handle it?

Thanks.