0 Kudos

item category 07000 not allowed in acccounting transaction 1000/001

can any one give me solution on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DearSir,

Please check the document splitting and item category, becasue the gl account for which you are posting is getting effected the item category. Please check whether that gl account is assigned or not.(The item category is currently only used in document splitting in the General Ledger.)

The item category is:The item category characterizes the items of an accounting document. It is derived from the account type (such as asset and customer). In the G/L account area, there can be more than one possible item category. An assignment has to be defined by means of the G/L account number for the derivable item categories that are not automatically defined.

Thanks

Harikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i assign one g/l a/c to multiple item category please give in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it is not possible to assaign more than one item catagory against one GL a/c.

Regards

Edited by: Raghonadh Dutt Pallampati on Jan 31, 2008 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO, you can't. System does not allow you to do so. it restricts you to give the range of GL accounts to one item category.But you can't assign one gl account to n number of item categories.

Thanks

Harikishan

Assign points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Define Business Transaction Variants under 1000 Transcation-->Accounting transaction variant->0001 standard can add item category 07000 because if i add 07000 category geting error choose the key from the allowed namespace if not getting save.

please guide.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category 07000 not allowed in acccounting transaction 1000/001

You have wrongly clasified the GL account against the item catagory 7000. Cat7000 is meant for Fixed Assets, and 1000/001 is meant std. payment transaction. So please goto the path FI a/cingGl a/cing (New)Business transactionsDocument splitting--Classify GL accounts for document splitting. and change the item catagory against the concerned GL a/c.

Regards

*Pl assaign points if useful