cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category 04000 not allowed in accounting transaction 0300/0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

While doing vendor down payment with document type "AP" the user is facing the error "Item category 04000 not allowed in accounting transaction 0300/0001"

The entry is Vendor down payment DR to Bank overdraft account CR.

When i checked in configuration against to document type"AP" the transaction and variant are 03000 and 0001.

If i will change the variant as 0000(unspecified posting) system will allow me to post.

By doing this change is it best practice , if we will change the other document type which have 0000 variant system will allow me to post.

What is the best possible solution for this.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know system will not allow you to add item category 04000 (cash account) in the BT variant 0300 (Vendor). The item categories will be automatically derived based on the BT 0300.

What i suggest is

In

SPRO > Financial Accounting (New) > General Ledger Accounting (New) > Business Transactions > Document Splitting > Extended Document Splitting > Define Business Transaction Variants

Select unspecified posting

Copy the accounting transaction variant 0001 as Z002

Ensure you mark item category 03000 as required in Assigned Item Categories.  Screenshot

Also you need to create a splitting rule with combination of BT (0000) and TV (Z002) similar to BT (0300) and TV (0001), here you add this additional item category 04000.

Assign this BT (0000) and TV (Z002) to your document type.

By this way, you will ensure the document type AP will not be posted without profit center (or other required characteristic) and splitting similar to BT 0300.

thanks, sharif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am telling a solution so that you are able to revese it at this time. Apply these changes and please revert back all the changes which i am suggesting, after you have finished with your reversing.

SPRO->Fin A/c-> General ledger a/c->Business transaction->Document splitting-> extended document splitting->Define Business Transaction Variants

here select 0300 and double click on "Accounting transaction variant" in dialogue structure.

select 1000 here and double click on "Assigned item categories"

with New entries insert item catagory 04000 (Vendor) and save it.

Now do your reversing and once done come back here and delete it.

hope this helps you and let me know if any queries.

Regards,

Puri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean, all the posted documents till now with respect to that document type needs to be reverse?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you can reverse all the posted documents with the respect document type.