cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item 010 WBS element budget exceeded in MIRO, Though Sufficient Budget available

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am encountering and issue w.r.t Budget Exceed in MIRO

Service Entry sheet is created and it has checked the budget availability but now when i try to post the same service entry sheet in MIRO, it is showing an error with respect to exceeding of Budget.

I have checked the S_ALR_87013558 and even there it shows some amount available for the respective WBS.

I have even reconstruct the Budget Database in CJBN but the same issue is pertaining and checked the tolerance limit which was set on all items.

My doubt is that is it something related to Vendor Downpayment and Retention as while posting shows a information message reagrding the retention amount. If the issue is related to Vendordownpayment then why the is it not dispaying in any of the standard Cost reports commitment value and also how to resolve the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Simon,

There May be 2 possibilities

1.Is there any additional inventorised amount is passing on MIRO from any taxes or price differences. so please check GL accounts(additional) after simualting MIRO documnet.

2.Is there any GL(Cost element) not maintained in settlement profile will updated in MIRO. If GL(cost element) .In this case Commitment will not trigger for those GL accounts But actual cost will get updated.

-

Krishna

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a possibility exists that the Budget get assigned to the WBS after the PO creation and Service Entry sheet. So actual cost gets calculated by the virtue of Service entry sheet and Commitment cost is only getting captured at the the time of MIRO.

As i have checked the senario in which i have Deactivated the Availability Control and then tried to do the posting in MIR4 and instead of incurring any additional Actual Cost, the system is capturing the commited cost only and the actual cost remains same as before.

Kind Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MIRO/MIR4 will not make any impact on actual cost. Its MIGO that gives rise to it.

Run CJEN and check the values again.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the MIRO Error, Cost Report and PO History

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

The error appears for two WBS namely RC....CF/TA  and RC...CF/TE. In S_ALR... report RC...CF/TE is having negative available-overall budget. First you do some budget supplement or budget transfer to this wbs to remove the second error.

Secondly, for WBS RC...CF/TA is there any child WBS to it which is having large amount of negative available overall budget? It can happen that someone might have deactivated AVAC for child WBS and posted the document. This will put ive in child but report still shows us +ve on parent wbs.

#One thing is sure that this MIRO is actually calculating posting amount more than the available amount against WBS RC...CF/TA. When I faced this issue in my earlier projects then I had to deactivate AVAC for a couple of times to find out how this error is calculating more amount actually.After posting we realized that price increase was due to tax conditions,condition types,freight,exchange rates etc.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the revert,

If i deactivate the AVAC and try to post it, then it will allow to post but instead of Actual cost getting increased the commitment cost get increased and the available value in S_ALR_87013558 report will be equalenet to amount of exceeded value of the budget in negative figures.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

In this case the best way is to supplement budget to WBS RC...CF/TA  by 140,165/- INR and then post the MIRO.

Analyze the case in backtrack. Check the posted value adn find the reason of this exceeded value.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi simon,

please check if any advance request has been booked against the vendor code for the same WBS.

That might have finished the budget?

Regards,

Sagnik

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if any tax value is added at MIRO entry.

Check whether PO was changed after MIGO or not.

Generally MIRO budget exceeded error come when there is a price variation between MIGO and MIRO due to different/addition of tax code etc.

Also run CJEN followed by CJBN to re correct check if any inconsistent budget values are there.

NOTE: Check the price differences carefully.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the Vendor Down Payment which is not cleared against the specific PO which is only 13022.85 and some tax amount which is 5208.

While posting it shows an error of budget exceed in WBS 914167.3 and if i see the Standard cost report it shows the budget is still available 116808.

What else could be the possibility for the budget exceed that too at a MIRO stage whearas it has cleared the Service Entry sheet ML81N where ideally the error should be displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the status of the WBS? wether is it under TECO  ?

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

No the WBS status is not TECO..

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you you please provide the screen shot of the purchase order history in the PO also with the Error you are getting while posting MIRO.

Regards,

Sagnik

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check by what amount system is giving budget error. Compare it with S_ALR_87013558 report available budget data.

Ideally budget check doest not occur at GR level.(it requires a user-exit to check the same at GRN)

Try removing the tax computation in MIRO or make it as 0% and check again whether it gives the error.

OR

How much old is your PO? Is there a significant gap between PO and MIRO. If yes, then price difference could arise due to changing currency exchange rates.

Or

If you can reproduce the same scenario in testing client then try to deactivate AVAC and post MIRO and check the S_ALR_87013558 rport before posting and after posting.

Regards

Saurabh