cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Upgrade to WebTools 6 SP01 PL02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check and see if anyone else had issues with the upgrade to the latest and greatest patch of Webtools SP01 PL02. I tried last night and ran into 3 major errors:

1. I received an error related to npdatepicker that it exists in two different DLL's. I validated that all dll's were updated, but continued to receive this error.

2. When trying to place the order, I received an error that the credit card was invalid. I could not get past this screen. I was not even using a credit card for the Order, it was going "On Account", but would not let me place the order. I didn't see that I needed to change anything for processing credit cards and it worked fine in the previous version.

3. All Order Confirmations were re-sent, back from the beginning of time. Now, usually I turn that off, which I did, but I rebooted the machine and it kicked off the message service, but why would all of the orders be re-sent? The flags should not have flipped during the upgrade.

I am going to submit a ticket for all of these issues, but was just wondering if anyone else ran into these problems. Please let me know, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is tied to NoAuthorization. HOLD ON... Sorry, this was not tied to NoAuthorization, it was tied to something else, but not sure why. There were two On Accounts and one was set properly and the other wasn't. Now if I can get through the below issue then I can test if it works now. Please let me know and THANKS!

Also, here is the error message I get when I go to the verify.aspx page. I cannot get past this.

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.common_controls_npdatepicker_ascx' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\a9532086\c270f6d6\App_Web_1n7f-byx.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\a9532086\c270f6d6\App_Web_npdatepicker.ascx.47615e8b.y2b2hvwm.dll'

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\a9532086\c270f6d6\App_Web_verify.aspx.8e27a128.0jrnb1wh.0.cs Line: 477

Edited by: Kristen Faison on Apr 20, 2009 7:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try stopping IIS and deleting the files in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root

Sounds like there are conflicting files cached, and restarting IIS will recache the right ones from the BIN directory

After IIS is restarted, hit the webtools website again and the updated files will be put into the temp directory(.net cache)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that already and I also restarted the server and manually removed those files from the Temporary ASP.NET directory and that didn't work either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesnt make any sense, you are absolutely sure the c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root directory was completely empty while IIS was stopped, and it filled again with new files when you hit the site after restarting IIS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct. I stopped IIS first, removed the files, restarted and hit the site. It populated back into the Temp Files. Let me try it again for good measure though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I tried it twice and the second time it worked. I am not sure why, I would have such an issue. This was the same thing last night, I got it to work after performing this same process 2 or 3 times, and then before turning it live, I restarted IIS one more time and I got the error again and it would not go away. I am not sure why it would have a problem with this piece and only on the verify page, none of the other pages. I'll keep you posted, for now it looks resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange indeed, perhaps there is a third location that DLL's get cached to

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

szymkaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. When I try to execute shipping.aspx I get the same error. I cleaned temp ASP folder 3 times and I still have this error. Please help !!!

szymkaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

I Found a reason. When I edited WebTools in VS2005 it create for me folder OBJ where was stored copy of netpoint.dll. That's why I had an info about class duplication.

I removed folder OBJ and stoppped IIS. After that i removed ASP temp and everything work's fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the On Account payment option tied to the "No Authorization" gateway?