Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with VERP material type procurement

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have created PO for VERP material type with account assignment C - sales order . After the GR stock of this material is shown as unrestriced stock but not as Sales Order assigned stock .

As per my understanding this stock must be shown in MB52 report as a Sales order stock.

What will be the reasons ? Please explain

Regards

Bhushan

View Entire Topic
pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the details of Account Assignment Category "C" in OME9, it has Special Stock as Blank. I suggest to use Acct Assmt Cat "M" instead of "C" and check by creating a new PO and GR.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen and Pankaj

Answer to Jurgen's Question - 

Initially stock was zero and I run the PO and GR process and verified in MB52 report

Answer to Pankaj' Question -

I have checked settings of Account assignment - C . It has special stock field is balnk .

I have checked same thing with the other material type and it working fine .

When I take GR for Account assignment sales order - C. No stock is showing in system as Special stock indicator is blank.

But only for VERP this stock is shown as unrestriced . As per our settings it should not be shown in stock .

Please advice

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in OMS2 whether Quantity Update has been activated and Value Update has been deactivted for the material type VERP for the Plant if yes then activate Quantity and Value Update both for the plant and then check a new cycle of PO and GR.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For VERP material type only Quantity update is activated in our system .

Trying the scenario is different thing , I want to know the logic behind this .

Bhushan

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logic is very simple that material type has been marked as non-valuated so it is updating the stock of the material.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I will explain now

Account assignment C - with No special stock indicator in settings

Mat Type VERP - Only Qty update No value update

Mat Type ZPAS  Qty + Value both update in plant

Now I have created PO for both material types with account assignment C . Taken a GR

When I see MB52 report  VERP stock in Unrestricted . But ZPAS stock not shown .

Hope you understand the issue

Bhushan

You may also try the scenario with same settings in your system

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan

I think there is some confusion with the concept of valuated and non-valuated materials.

When a material type has quantity and value update both active is a valuated material type and procurement of such materials against CO object (with acct assmt.) results into consumption posting w/o updating the inventory.

When a material type has quantity update active and value update not active is a non-valuated material type and procurement of such materials becomes mandatory against CO object (with acct assmt.) which results into consumption posting with updating the inventory (quantity).

Hope the concept is clear now.