Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Strategy 11

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your help over understanding the Strategy 11 with Gross Req. Planning.  I have a Material  working on Strategy 11.So for a Independent Requirement a respective BSF entry is generated in MD04. And a Planned Order is generated accordingly for this BSF. Now when I create a Production Order out of this, and do confirmation and post GR against this Order the Independent Req.(BSF) is not getting exhausted[consumed]. Rather, in next MRP run it is creating a new Planned Order in reference with the Same earlier Independent Requirement. So, it is obvious that doing GR is not helping to reduce the Independent Requirement. And Strategy 11 says that PIRs will be consumed ASA we do GR.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

With reference to Notes No - 772857, For planning strategies 10 & 11,the reduction occurs in the

time scale up to the current date and the oldest planned independent requirements are reduced first.

By maintaining the consumption period forwards, planned independent requirements are used for the

reduction from the current date up to the number of days in the future entered there. The used

consumption mode is not effective.So check after maintaining the consumption mode,consumption period

forward and backward.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3218853

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your prompt replies. I have already maintained Mixed MRP Type '2'. But I have not maintained Consumption mode(In this case The Oldest Planned Order will be consumed !!). However I am not able to see it working !! One more thing that may be interesting is, Suppose PIR is created with req. date of 09/29/2012. So accordingly Planned Order is being generated. Then, while doing GR for the Production Order with posting date(09/28/2012), it is throwing error :

Posting only possible in periods 2012/07 and 2012/06 in company code 011B

So I posted the document for the month 07[Not having access to MMPV !!]. So it got posted successfully, now MB51 is updated with date, for eg: 07/28/2012 with reference to the Production Order and that Production Order is having reference to Planned Order that was generated for the BSF Indp. Req.

Though I feel that this may not be causing problem, but who knows !!

Please update !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I as aware you dont have access of MMPV i wld like to suggest you pls take help from your MM consultant.

Regards,

Prd_87

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes it is the reason system is not consuming PIR of current period. First define the consumption mode and period in material master. Then open the period MMPV so as per the posting date system will consume the PIR of that period. Please try the same and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have a strategy 11 which means you are supposed to PUSH to stock outside once you produce it, it is very relevant that you maintain the Consumption Mode Indicator as '2' (2 because you must consume in the backward first and then look for forward) and maintain sufficient long periods say 999 in the Backward Consumption Period. Forward Consumption period you can decide (say 60 days!)

This will help you in overcoming this MMPV/ MMRV problem as even if you post in the periods that are open

please check and revert

Regards,

Bhaskar

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thank you for the help. I created Backward Consumption period as 100 days and forward also as 100 days. And when GR was done it consumed the Planned Orders. Still I hold few doubts, one is---> In case of Strategy 11 the consumption of Indp. Req. is not effected by the Sales Orders, so how does Backward Consumption is carried out(well !!  I feel that, when Backward consumption happens then system starts looking from the date on which GR happened for the Production Order !!, In my case--> from 07/10/2012...now this will absolutely fail. So system switches from Backward to Forward, so now search starts from Today(not Posting date) to next 100 days )...Please confirm over this !!

And what you exactly meant by saying "Since you have a strategy 11 which means you are supposed to PUSH to stock outside once you produce it" ...Please enlighten !!

Regards !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the Strategy 11, the requirement reduction happens when a GR is done where as for Strategy 10 the requirement reduction happens when the stock is moved out of plant. The important difference is Strategy 11 corresponds to PUSH system as I stated.

Though both 10 and 11 are MTS strategies, the primary difference is what you produce and how you sell it.

In Strategy 11, you donot depend on what exactly is your Sales Order or what stock you have in your plant. Consider a case of FMCG product say Toothpaste (sorry for being a bit naive here).... Once you produce toothpaste, the decision for the strategy is you would have a forecast (read PIR) and you would produce it based on that only and what ever stock you have in hand or customer order you have, you still would like to consider only the Requirement while you do the planning for production run (i.e. MRP). The reason is you will be selling through dealers and shops where you will keep on PUSHing the product (so that the product occupy most space in the shop and it does not go Out of Stock there) and remeber that customer will not wait for the specific toothpaste brand if he needs to buy it and will go for other toothpaste available and hence PUSHing the product out of Plant stock and making it available at the Selling stores is the most important factor.

Since the existing stocks are not considered in MRP run in Strategy 11, it signifies that whenever you increase the stock by doing GR the requirement (PIR) should get reduced by the same amount (of GR) and since the requirement creation and GR do not usually happen on the same date, there must be a period defined in Material Master for Backward Forward consumption. Forward consumption so that you do not overproduce (as overproduction is always an unwanted thing)

Hope this gives you some idea.

Sorry once again for the not so great example

Regards,

Bhaskar

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhaskar for the insight. It is fine with me now !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for confirming. Please close the thread by marking the correct answer so that it can be referenced by others in future

Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain the following master data for the finished product:

• Maintain strategy group 11 in the MRP 3 view.
  • Set the Mixed MRP indicator to 2 in the MRP 3 view.
  • Maintain the item category group (for example, NORM) on the Sales Organization screen.
  • Maintain the Availability check field so that you perform an availability check without the replenishment lead time (checking group 02 in the standard system)
  • Consumption Indicator & Period

If you not maintained Mixed MRP indicator then PIR Not consume after GR against Production Order.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check Mixed MRP indicator = 2 in the Material Master and consumption mode and consumption period define correctly.

After that create a new order and test the same.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Yes your right.first you need to check in MRP-3 Mixed MRP indicator check box is activate or not.

If not maintain pls maintain indicator as 2 :- Gross requirement planning.

Also maintain backward and forward consumption indicator in MRP3 view of material Master.

Pls check & revert

Regards,

Prd_87