Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with controlling document.

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

There is a controlling document and this controlling document is generated from maintainanace order. I would like to know as to how the cost element is picked or in other words how do I trace the PM FICO integration. We have assigned cost center in the Maintanance order.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information on the same.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable comments

Can you please let me know as to how would system determine if it has to a hit a particulat cost element (GL account) when the controlling doc is created in the background. In case we do mention the cost element manually where would we mention the cost elemet. Also please let me if this has happened because of the automatic config or because of settling the order.

Also please be informed we have mentioned cost center in the settlement rule.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen

You can post expenses in two ways: 1 Direct posting through FI. For example may be you paid rent for machine. In this case when entry is posted to FI at the same time it is replicated in CO also and a co document is generated. Just keep in mind that the Rent GL you have created as cost element.

2 Internal postings.  Example could be some material you have used for maintenance of machine. In this case material will be issued from stores at that time system will generate FI CO documents in background. Here GL will be picked as per your OBYC settings.

So the central idea is that cost element is integrating the postings between FI and CO as it is a replica of GL.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me at what transaction system generated a controlling document in maintance order.

For every transaction if some value will be there( cost or revenue) to updationg that value to financials one entry will get generated in the system. Based on the moment or transaction system will trigger one GL account where they have assigned in integration of the modules then post an entry.

The same GL has been created as a cost element and while posting the entry with the GL controling document also will get generated along with FI document.(Cost object should be assigned for the cost element)

Hope it clear now.

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kuppam,

Can you please tell me as to what do you mean by transaction system and where do we assign the cost element to cost center(or any cost object) and how does the transaction system decide the GL account.

Regards,

Praveen

jose_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You don't need to assign cost elements to cost center when you want to settle to cost center or any other cost object for the time being.

We have allocation structure, where we maintain the assignments. In each assignment we see the relationship between the source (cost element or group of cost elements from the source cost object, here i.e. maintianance order) and settlement cost elements (here we have selection options of either by cost element or specific cost element....... normally this settlement cost elements speaks about the receiver cost object, in our case it is cost center, against this cost center we specify whether system has to use the same cost elements that are posted in the source i.e. maintainance order or specific cost element.)

Thats how the system uses either the same cost elements of sender cost object's/source's cost elements (i.e. maintainance order) or specific cost element which is different from the sender cost object's cost element. For better understanding observe the below screenshots....

In your case to understand better check what is the allocation structure used in your settlement profile for the maintianance orders. Then check the order cost analysis report in display mode (IW33) and at the same time observe the cost center report also (S_ALR_87013611).

Regards...

Jose

jose_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Inorder to know the settlement profile and inbuild allocation structure you used for the maintenance order, please use transaction code IW33 and follow like below...

Once you click on settlement rule you see the screen like below...

after following the above path you will see the allocation structure like below...

Once you know the allocation structure related to your order, use transaction code OKO6 to observe the allocation structure like in above reply...

Regards...

Jose

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I do not have access to OKO6 in production system is there any table where I can check this assignment. Also can you please tell as to where Can i check the settlement profile .

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not transaction system, I said the every transaction, system will get generated......

And your quiery, for any maintance order or service order the cost will alculate based on the activity of the order.

cost center and activity type will be assigned in the order and the cost will be updated from the both combination in KP26(for planning cost) along with one cost element which will help to post an entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table to check the allocation structure is CO_SSTRCV2 and for checking settlement profile to assigned to order type is T.Code: KOAL

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for the valuable reply. I found the assignment in KP26. But can you please tell as to what needs to be input as "version" in the input selection screen of KP26. As i am able to spot the activity type and cost center from maintainenece order from where do I get to know what should be the version that I need to input.

Also Can you please explain me on the entries that has been created in the controlling doc i.e.

Maintainance order Dr

Cost Center  Cr

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

In KP26 we use maintain the plan values of the activity and the version will be"0", as it consists the actual and plan values can flow in to this version.

In controlling document, just the value will be debited to the cost object and there will be no two or more line items(like Debit one entry and credit one entry) line FI entry.If the transaction has more lines with assignmenet of same cost object, then it will be increased.

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Also can you please let me know if the cost can be allocated/settled to secondary cost element in the above mentioned scenario and what does the "Val/COArea Crcy" in COEP table suggest or in other words if there is any value in Val/COArea field of COEP what does it mean ??

Regards,

praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Once you post an entry in FI with assignment of cost object, lets say cost center, the value will debit to the cost center and in table COEP also showing in as + values as well.

Once you done settlement or allot the values to some other object, the values will be credited to the cost center and in COEP table the values will show with- values.

If the transaction currency or company code currency is different from the controlling area corrency, then the values will disply in the table under "Val/COArea Crcy" controlling area currency as per difined currency exchange rates.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1. If you know Controlling Document Number go to KSB5 and Execute.

2. Go to Maintanance Order in display mode by using tcode IW33 and give order number.

3. Here  you can find the Plan/Actual indicator  in Costs tab and  you can easily find costs which were   posted.

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen

Any expenses you book to the order it passes a FI entry and if the GL is created as a cost element, system has to pass a CO document in background. As cost element is replica of GL and while posted attracts a cost object. This is how the system works.

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Work orders ....can have data flowing into balance sheet WIP (if work on the order is not complete) or settle completely once the activity on the order is done....the cost is usually inclusive of material and labor.

From a order settlement perspective....look at the order type; its settlement rule/profile...allocation structure and PA transfer structure if applicable...