Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with balancing field during splitting

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I’m trying to set up document splitting and I face the following issue: during the posting the system issues an error message “Balancing field "Profit center" not detected”. This issue is related to a line item with tax posting. Screenshot with a business requirement can be found below:

A couple of technical details which might be necessary:

- Document splitting works for other scenarios without problems and is based on profit center characteristic;

- Postings for which splitting doesn’t work is assigned to business transaction 0000 / tr. variant 0001 and uses custom splitting method;

- Settings for items to be edited and base item can be found below; as can be seen from the settings item category 01000 should be considered as a base amount whereas item category 05100 should be edited (i.e. split). However, in simulation mode the system displays all line items as “base lines”.

Settings for a splitting method:

Simulation of the posting in "expert mode":

So the questions are:

- Do I understand correctly, that “Item categories to be edited” are item categories that should be split and “Base item categories” are item categories based on which splitting is done?

- If the above statement is true, why is splitting not applied in the scenario above and proportions from base items not inherited? Is there some customizing that is missing?

Thank you for your support !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your understanding about Splitting rules is very much correct.

PC in Tax line items is a known issue. SAP released a  note1576560 , but it is in Pilot phase. May be you should check with them

Also, Business Transaction 0000 is not meant for Splitting. Am not sure if you changed the standard 0000/0001. This is not right

Ajay M

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you! I've tried to check the note, but it is not released yet. So it seems that I would have to get in touch with SAP on this issue. Besides, you mentioned that business transaction 0000 is not meant for splitting - how can I check if a particular business transaction is intended to be used for splitting or not? Can it be checked via standard customizing or is it hardcoded ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you need to raise SAP OSS message

Except 0000, all are meant for splitting. You must not change SAP delivered configuration

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure that 0001/0000 was selected?

Also it's better to create new business transaction variant instead of change them.

And durin simulation in expert mode there is a button(I don't remember the description), which will show an error if you have such... Check it,  as a rule it could cause such behevoir

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

I'm sure that we're using combination of business transaction and variant 0000 / 0001. I've checked in the expert mode during simulation, they are display right there.

Besides, I've tried to experiment with different combination of settings e.g.:

- assigned combination 0300 (vend. invoice) / 0001 to the document and changed the category of GL account that is supposed to be a base item to 20000 "Expense";

- assigned combination 0200 (cust. invoice) / 0001 to the document and changed the category of GL account that is supposed to be a base item to 30000 "Revenue" etc.

However, in none of the cases, I've succeeded to have a derivation of split characteristics to tax accounts. I guess an OSS-investigation is an unavoidable:)

P.S. Just in case, this is related to splitting of tax items for Ukrainian tax invoices. Maybe, you can suggest something based on your experience in this area?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't encounter any issue with vat accounts for Ukraine. But I did it in other countries, one time it was due to psm-fm config, other - bugs (some OSS notes were implemented to fix it)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you use PSM-FM?

Also you're not able to change standard business transaction variant - you can omly create your own, e.g. using copy function

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

PSM-FM is not used.