Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA

PedroGuarita
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi fellow Abap'ers.

I am using HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA to hire employees nothing wrong with that. I gather the information for the different infotypes from excel files but i only have files for Infotypes 0000, 0001 and 0008. When i execute the FM with dialog_mode = '0' i get a return error saying to fill all fields. I then changed dialog_mode to '1' and i noticed it's stopping in infotype 0002. So, the question i have is the following, the measure i am using goes through several infotypes but i only have information for some of them, is there a way to bypass the infotypes for which i don't have files as you would do in PA40 ? If i execute in dialog_mode = '2', i can create the information, of course i have to pass the ones i don't have files but still i can create the employee with no problem with just those 3 infotypes.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

You say you are hiring employees without IT0002-Personnel Data!?!? That is where the name and other personal information about an individual is stored. Thus, I do not know how you are seeing a name assigned to your employee.

Infotype 0002-Personal Data has a time constraint of "1". This means that it must exist for all periods the employee is in the system. The system is correct in stopping you as this is necessary information. There may be some data you do not have such as birth date for the employee, so you can make these optional fields. But you should have at least a first Name and Last Name entered in IT0002 for every employee. This is where you should also store your country's Person ID for identification.

Please rethink your process - PA40 is the recommended procedure. Loading from spreadsheets is possible (usually for initial go-live processing), but all the rules must be maintained - that includes having an IT0002.

Paul

PedroGuarita
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul, thanks for the reply. The question is that in PA40 i can easily bypass IT0002 (it's just supposed to be that way, the only information coming from the other system is IT0001 and IT0008) by exiting the screen, even though i know i cannot run the payroll for the employee. We will try and solve the problem with a different measure, a measure made just for this initial stage with only those infotypes and then they will create infotype 0002 in SAP later on. Thanks for the pointers though, very useful.

Pedro