cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Production Order Goods Issue MB1A Movement Type 261 Make to Order process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an Issue in doing Goods Issue of the Production Order.

I am doing Make to Order process.

I have made Sales Order.

Then Planing Order using MD50.

Converted Planing Order to Production Order using MD04.

I have also release the Production Order.

Now when I am doing Goods Issue for the PO using MB1A Movement Type 261 everytime I get the below  error.

Sales order stock 22339 000010 does not exist

Message No. M7184

Please can you share valuable inputs and let me know if anything missing here.

Thanks,

Farhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

krishnaananth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Farhan Farooq,

Using the Production Order that you have created you can draw some raw material from store. Raw material is the material which you will be requiring to make the end product. When you draw some raw material from store only then 261 movement will be posted.

After completing the production work, your final product will be ready in shop. Then you have to confirm your production order. Sometimes quality inspection may be there. Only then stock of the final product will be generated in SAP with 101 movement.

Now after having your stock, generate outbound delivery for your sale order and do goods issue. Without outbound also material can be issued to your customer. For this 281 movement will be generated.

So tell us at what stage you got stuck

Regards,

Ananth Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ananth/Kirshna,

Thanks alot for your inputs. Please refer my query below.

1. I am creating the Sales Order for Material for 100 Qty which in Make to Order.
  2. In MD50 I am creating the Planning Order against Sales Order.
  3. I am converting Planing Order to Production Order.
  4. In CO02 I am releasing the Production Order.
  5. Now I want to do the Goods Issue of this Production Order with movement type 261 so that it gets book against the Sales Order which I created in point 1. Here I am facing the Issue which I need the help to rectify.

As per your explanation above I am unable to understand to transfer why should I transfer the stock from unrestricted to Sales Order stock with movement type 412E. Here what will happen to my Production Order.

I want to utilise the Production order which I have created and using MB1A movement type 261 wants to show the stock against the sales order. this is the standard process i feel.

Kindly share your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Farhan.

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have do the movement because the stock available is not against the sales order  for which production order  created so at the time of goods issue salesorder is not mapping so you have to 412 E movment type.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes you are correct with the Procedure.

Have you checked the Raw material stock is available in the plant stock or the sales order stock.

Also as per my above comment, check the production order - component - special stock indicator. Is any value (special stock 1) is maintained there.

If yes than system will consider the Sales order stock of that component only.

If the plant stock is available only and no sales order stock than system will give you error. And you have to do the 412E to transfer the raw material stock from plant stock to the SO stock.

Check also if any storage location is maintain in the production order and the stock is not available on that storage location.

Hope this may help

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh/Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply and valuable inputs.

My Material is not a BOM Component it is normal material with Item category Group 0001 and Item Category TAK.

So before I use MB1B for movement type 412 E. Do i need to post the stock of my material in MB1C using Movement Type 561.

I am bit confused here so please suggest me in the Make to Order documentation I have he is doing MB1A Movement Type 261.

So suggest me what is 261 Movement and what it is used for.

Do we need to post the stock before I do MB1B for movement type 412 E.

Thanks,

Farhan.

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you manually added the material in your Production order BOM component or you directly issue the RM to your production order.

Please share the following screen shot

1. MB1A (against reservation or Against Prodcution order)

2. MMBE of material for which you are getting error.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

As I have explained refer below.

I have made Sales Order.

Then Planing Order using MD50.

Converted Planing Order to Production Order using MD04.

I have also release the Production Order.

Now when I am doing Goods Issue for the PO using MB1A Movement Type 261 everytime I get the below  error.

Sales order stock 22339 000010 does not exist

Once I MB1A 261 movement type

I am doing Make to Order cycle as explained above. Once I do MB1A the stock gets reflected against that Sales Order.

Hence please suggest me the solution.

Thanks,

Farhan.

Message No. M7184

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

But you are using 261E and not 261 to issue the material against the production order.
Please note that if you are issuing any RM with Mvt 261E, you should have the Sales order specific stock for that material.

If you have plant stock use 261 Mvt only without E.

Hope I get you and this helps you

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many Thanks,

For all your valuable inputs.

Issue resolved.

Thanks,

Farhan.

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Good to hear that the issue is resolved

It will be good to share the solution and also close the discussion by marking the helpful and correct answer.

How to close a discussion and why

Regards

SS

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

The error is simply saying that the component in Production order should have sales order stock.

Kindly have a look in Production order - Components - In special stock indicator - is it mentioned 1 here.

IF yes than this means that you required the Sales order stock (special stock) of that component, while you have the plant stock.

Have a look again by transfering the plant stock to the sales order stock by Mvt 412E

Hope this may help

Regards

SS

krishnaananth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check whether stock is available using MMBE??

AK