cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue during creation of control cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

During creation of control cycle (LPK1), the fields for source information is not appearing in my system.

I compared control cycle in a different ECC system where source information is appearing.

How can make the screen appear in my ECC system.

Please find the screenshot.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

With Regards,

Malay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malay,

By comparing your both snap shots I found one is within plant within storage location scenario control cycle and another one is within plant different storage location scenario control cycle(where source details are appearing)

Can you please share the both supply area(TEST and PSA0) snap shots for both scenarios?

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran for the reply.

You are right, it’s a EWM scenario but in discrete
manufacturing (not repetitive manufacturing).

Regarding the PSA, PSA is maintained at storage location
level (Destination storage location where the components are moved). When I
maintain control cycle I want to input source storage location (where
components are there currently) different than that of PSA storage location
(destination storage location).

In my system the option for source storage location is not
appearing.

But I compared the control cycle screen in a different
system where the option for source storage location is there allowing input of
different source storage location from that of destination storage location.

Request further inputs in this; how the source storage location will appear in the input screen of control cycle creation.

With Regards,

Malay

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malay,

Whether your both Source and Destination storage locations are EWM managed?

Check below note for sap help EWM Control Cycle - Integration of Extended Warehouse Management into PP - SAP Library

Control cycle for EWM - This indicates that the source and destination that you specify in the control cycle are EWM-managed

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran again for your reply.

Both my source and destination storage locations are EWM managed.

If you check the below statement in the link in your last reply it says.

" Source

In the case of an EWM control cycle, you need only specify the issuing storage location. The issuing plant is automatically stipulated by the system because the source storage location must be in the same plant as the destination storage location. The source storage location must be EWM-managed."

My problem is the input screen for issuing storage location is not appearing during control cycle creation/change (LPK1/LPK2). How should I specify the issuing storage location then.

Awaiting your valuable feedback again.

With Regards,

Malay

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malay,

Did you post this question in Logistic Execution I suggest you to post there too so that some one could help you?

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the reply in LE forum it can be activated by activating Kanban.

can anybody help me in specific config setting with which the source information will be active in control cycle.

with Regards,

Malay

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malay,

Below is the path to configure the KANBAN required replenishment strategy and you can create control cycle in PK01 but I do not understand how this going to solve your issue because why we need both KANBAN and WM control cycles for one material withdrawal for production?

Did you try to check the system status for both systems because you said in one of the system it is having source information compare that system for version and EHP package?

Br

KK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malay,

Just a thought did you compare the both systems like Vesion,EHP Package etc

Are you working with EWM?

Please refer below link which may be helpful to you  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me52/helpdata/EN/48/5750157b6f350ce10000000a42189d/content.htm

Br

KK