cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any report or app existing to display all the versions of cost or budget updated

Hong_DUCRUET
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear team,

In SAP Cloud, for Project module, we use app “Import Financial Data” to import the planned cost and budget for the WBS elements. Do you have any other way to post the cost and budget?

If the planned cost amount been changed time to time, how should we do? Can we adjust (update) the amount based on the first importing? Or shall we re-import the new amount to cover the previous one?

Our client has the cost or budget plan with different versions, such as: Orig Estimate/ Latest Estimat/ Current Forecast. Is there any report or app existing to display all the versions of cost or budget updated?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards,

Hong DUCRUET

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi hong.

I've updated the tag to SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Finance as the App involved is for this area

Best Regards

Enda

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear hong.,

when importing your data via the Import Financial Plan Data app there is no versioning possible.
The app is overwriting the data on the data base depending on the delete scope you set in the upload file.

For details regarding the Import Financial Plan Data app, see:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP S/4HANA

If you want to have a versioning, then you need to create custom categories and upload your data to those custom categories.

For example:

• Orig Estimate (version 1 of September) import data to custom category Orig Estimate
  • Latest Estimate (version 2 of October) import data to custom category Latest Estimate
  • Current Forecast (current version of Today) import data to custom category Current Forecast (or Forecast 1 in case of additional forecasts)

In this way you won't overwrite the uploaded data from the previous planning cycles.
To compare those categories you need to create a custom report using the Custom Analytical Queries app. You can copy an existing query and modify it with the app.

For details regarding the Custom Analytical Queries app, see:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP S/4HANA

Best regards
Susanne
Hong_DUCRUET
Participant
0 Kudos

, owen.liu susannehelbig

Thank you very much for your help.

I am getting back to you for this topic since after the discussion with our client, they definitely want to have this functionality.

as you mentioned "If you want to have a versioning, then you need to create custom categories and upload your data to those custom categories."

Now, the configuration setting "Maintain Category for Planning"does not work, new categories can not be added (the current system is SAP Cloud start system):

could you please help on this issue?

thank you again for your help and looking forward to hearing from you soon!

regards,

Hong DUCREUT

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear hong.,

you want to create a new Plan Category, what do you expect to see in the value help?
Value help is only available for fields where you must enter existing Plan Category, but here you want to create a new one.
Just enter a new ID for your new Plan Category, for example FC_CURR, and save it.

Best regards
Susanne

Hong_DUCRUET
Participant
0 Kudos

susannehelbig Hello Susanne, thank you for your reply.

Yes, finally I saved the setup:

• BUD V1 : Project Budget_Orig Estimate
  • BUD V2 : Project Budget_Latest Estimate
  • BUD V3 : Project Budget_Current Forecast

Then I imported the Budget for BUD V1 & BUD V2, I did not encounter any issue or error message, the budget can be displayed on the app” Display Financial data”:

But on the apps “Project cost report” & “Project budget report”, the data cannot be displayed:

Could you please help further on this matter?

I do appreciate for your support!

Thanks a lot

Hong DUCRUET

Hong_DUCRUET
Participant
0 Kudos
susannehelbig Hello Susanne,

Following my previous message:

herewith the budget file that i used for uploading

image.png

But on the apps “Project cost report” & “Project budget report”, the data cannot be displayed:

Could you please help further on this matter?

I do appreciate for your support!

Thanks a lot

Hong DUCRUET

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear hong.,

I'm very sorry, but I'm not familiar with the Project Cost Report or Project Budget Report and I can't answer those questions.

I found the following information regarding Project Cost Report in the SAP Help Portal:

For Project Budget Report I found the following information in the SAP Help Portal:

I would recommend you to post a new question regarding those apps in the Community.
Or you can create an incident on component PS-FIO.

Best regards
Susanne

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hong,

You can check SSCUI 101970 Maintain Category for Planning

You can create new categories there.

Display data using app Display Financial Plan Data

Best Regards,
Owen

Hong_DUCRUET
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

I am trying to create a new category "Current Forecast" in CSC; but it seems that the new entry cannot be created, with the message that " No input help is available":

Also, I do not think I get the main point: even I create the new category as "Current Forecast", the data latest imported will overwrite the previous importing; same as using the PLN category.

My concern is: how to get the data from SAP: Orig Estimate (version 1 imported by PLN, e.g., September) / Latest Estimat (version 2 imported by PLN, e.g., October)/ Current Forecast (current version imported by PLN, e.g., Today).

=> because the customer wants to compare the different version of planned cost.

is there any reporting can extract those data directly from SAP (without any development)?

Thank you very much in advance for your support

Warm regards

Hong DUCRUET

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi hong.

Is this issue solved?

If yes, could you please share more details?

By the way, if you add another answer, Frank won't be notified.

Maybe you should add comment under his answer.

Hong_DUCRUET
Participant
0 Kudos

owen.liu

Thank you very much for your message.

unfortunately, this issue had not been resolved.

I am the newcomer here, hope you can read my message.

If you have any method, please share

All the best

Hong DUCRUET

fmnor79
Active Participant
0 Kudos

List of available Plan Categories (like PLN) are available via system configuration setting "Maintain Category for Planning", new categories like "Current Forecast" can be defined there and later used via file upload "Import Financial Plan Data", provided "Import Allowed" setting is active. See below for details on upload logic.

import-financial-plan-data.png