Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 


Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap guru's,

we are facing a problem for ex

we purchased a asset in 2003 for value 1cr 80lck. but the same value entered in the books is 2cr. Now we want to reduce the price of that asset in our books. Is there any process to do the revaluation.

Kindly suggest me how to reduce the value and give me the steps or any document.related to it.

it's very urgent please help us.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead revaluation you can partly retire the asset to the extent of excess value posted to the asset. You can use T-Codes

ABAON - Asset Sale Without Customer

ABAVN - Asset Retirement by Scrapping

Former Member
0 Kudos


If there is only one asset which has problem, you may think of following transaction.

ABAW - Balance Sheet Revalation

You need to work out following for ABAW transaction.

1) Amount to be reduce for Acquisition Cost.

2) Do you want to adjust Acc Depn till previous year as well .. Work out the value of acc depn.

3) Default Trans Type is 800 which debits the asset i.e. revalues Asset to higher value. If you have to credit the asset i.e. reduce asset value, use Trans Type which credit.

Check following in the customizing:

IMG : Fin Acct --> Asset Acct --> Special Valuation --> Define Transaction Type for Revaluation.

1) Select T type 800. It is configured for Debit Posting. Check other T Type which are configured for credit posting for revaluation.

2) Check which depreciation area, revaluation to be posted. Add the depreciation areas for this tranaction type posting.

Hope this helps. If helpful, pls. assign points.



Former Member
0 Kudos


yes there t-code for the assets revaluation , the t-code are

AR29N - Post Revaluation and New Valuation

AR29 - Post Revaluation .

these t-code are run and the year end and when ever u have correct the values of the assets or wrong dep is post u have to run the this t-code to correct it

this is done normal and the yesr end

With regards

Krishna Singareddy.