cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRI instrument - Settlement date for interest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus

I want to settle the interest payment on the 5th working day of every quarter but the calculation is for each quarter. How will I be able to do this?

I tried using the 'Manual input' for frequency & input the frequency as 3 months & I set the period end as '09302011' & due date as '10072011' but for the next quarter, it just shows as a 3 month shift. Is there a way?

Thanks

Regards

Morgan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can route interest flows to Customer Account instead of Bank as on end of quarter. The entry for interest flows will be:

Interest A/c Dr.

To Customer A/c

You can pay the Customer on 5th. The entry will be:

Customer A/c Dr.

To Bank A/c.

In the 'Payment details' tab of the deal, double click on inflow & outflow line item and select Posting to Customer instead of G/L Account. Posting specs also need to be defined accordingly.

Regards,

Nimesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indian13,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this the only way for sure? Why this will not work for us is that then we need to give Treasury users access to F110 to make payments & that may not work.

Please let me know if there is any other direct way in Treasury.

Thanks

Regards

Morgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also tried to set up 5th business day of the quarter in OBB8 but it seems there is no option to do that in there either. So I am needing a way to find how to settle interest on the 5th working day of each quarter.

Thanks

Regards

Morgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For shifting the due dates, you can set the calculation date as month end date and have the due date as 05th day of the month with a working day shift. But since your requirement is to shift it to the 5th working day which will not happen by this because by standard it is the 5th day and need not necessarily mean 5th working day, your only option I guess is to copy the interest condition every time when the due date changes and manually modify it. In case if the requirement for changing huge number of transactions, then you can think about having a custom solution using the change BAPI's and using a custom logic for changing the due date.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick & appropraite response. I will suggest client to copy conditions every year with specific dates.

Regards

Morgan

Answers (0)