cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice with tax and invoice without tax

0 Kudos

hi Friends,

I have question, So I have one outbound delivery and I want to create two invoice : an invoice with tax and an invoice without tax for the same material, could you help me to know how I can do this?

Thanks in Advance

Amel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi

Will you check with your accounting business owner if that is legally correct? When you do an outbound delivery, there is transfer of ownership and you recognize revenue with booking an invoice.

Now you are doing transfer of ownership of goods to your customer, when you are shipping out goods through an outbound delivery. If you have two invoices against the same, as per IFRS, you are booking revenue twice for one performance obligation from accounting perspective (OBD In your case). This seems to be grossly incorrect from accounting perspective.

Looking other way, did you mean to say the first you need only a performa invoice, which you send to customer, before you actually invoice your customer and you do not want to show taxes in such an invoice. Such a performa invoice does not post to GL Accounts in Finance.

Please clarify

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

0 Kudos

HI Sanil Bhandari

thank you for your response,

in fact, the problem that I had is that my customer wants to set up an invoicing to distinguish between items that will be sold on the local market and therefore invoiced with tax and items that will be sold for export without tax.

Thanks in Advance for your help

Amel

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi

This should be straight forward.You will have to create two customer records, one with address abroad and one with address in local country. In the customer master sales area data, there is a field called as Tax Classification Indicator. Now you can create seperate tax classification indictor for domestic and export sales, let us say 1 for domestic and 2 for export sales

Similarly in material master sales area/plant data, you have tax classification indicator. Ideally for a billing from a plant in your country, you will keep it same say 0.

Now assuming your tax condition type is MWST, you can determine different tax code and rate for domestic and export sales. You need to maintain the condition record as below

Type of Sale. Condition Type Customer tax classification material tax classification tax code. Tax Rate

Domestic. MWST. 1 0 A1 21

Export MWST 2 0 A0 0

Now based on the customer, system can be enabled to determine different tax rates for domestic and export sales.

If you are an end user, please connect with a colleague from your IT Team to help you on the same. If you are from IT Side, I would recommend to go through the below link which would help you understand how SD Tax determination works:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/01/general-tax-determination/

https://answers.sap.com/questions/1996685/tax-determination-in-sd-pricing.html

The best way would be to read through SAP Help documentation on the same as a starting point.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

0 Kudos

thank you for your help 🙂

Regards

Amel