Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory UOM option is not active in goods receipt and goods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Good day!

I was just wondering why is the inventory uom option (yes or no) is not active in inventory goods receipt and issue. Sometimes, my client transacts inventory in different Uom. For example his inventory Uom in item master data is KGS. There are times that he transacts in DRMS. To achieve this I need the Inventory Uom option to be activated. Unfortunately, it's not. But in sales and purchasing documents, it is activated.

What I did is I changed the items per sales unit and items per purchasing unit in the item master data to 2 instead of 1 and the inventory uom option was activated.

I hope anyone can explain this behavior.

Thank you,

Jackilou

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

How come when I changed the items per purchase unit and items per sales unit to 2 instead of the default 1, the inventory uom field is activated?

Thank you,

Jakilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is to ensure inventory UoM could be kept the same.

former_member1269712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakilo,

Inventory UOM should one only and what you are changing in Purchase UOM & Sales UOM is different thing.

That is using

e.g. If your Sales and Purchase UOM is in PKTS and Inventory UOM is in KGS then when you enter quantity in GRPO in PKTS so automatically it is converting in KGS in Inventory UOM as per you assign in "Items per Purchase Unit" in Item master purchase tab. Same for sales.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jackilou,

A simple answer: Inventory UoM can only be one. The only time you may have more than one would be buying or selling them.

Thanks,

Gordon