cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I have a stock of physical count of 80 peices for material A . but in SAP system the same material is showing stock of 100 pieces.So 20 pieces are showing more in SAP. So then what is the normal procedure to do.

2) I have a stock of physical count of 100 peices for material A . but in SAP system the same material is showing stock of 50 pieces.So 50 pieces are showing less in SAP. So then what is the normal procedure to do. Can anyone help

Thanks,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its not only the problem of system along i.e: Either SAP nor your physical system. In reality, there might be some stock get obselete or get damaged in your physical inventory, at the same time you would be doing subsequent goods receipt in SAP, the count in SAP keepss on adding but in reality some items will be not avaliable. Some when you do inventory physical count to map with that in your SAP system it won't match. So the same you have to do every month or as defined in your company to do TECO know as Techinacally Correct the stock in your system. It cam be only done through physical inventory posting using Tx code: MI01, Mi20, Mi04 and Mi07 etc.

Hope it clarifys.

Regards,

Prashanth Pai

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all . I recieved answer , what i expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Following could be the possible causes of physical stock not matching with the system stock:

1) In the warehouse or at other storage locations, material sometimes get damaged. This should be scrapped in the system but people often are reluctant to do that and wait for the annual physical inventory.

2) At material reception or issue points there could be a mistake in counting and it is often found that vendor has delivered quantity which is less or more than the expected quantity.

So generally it is manual mistakes that create a mismatch between system and physical stock.

SAP is a very disciplined software and i dont see any reason why such a stock mismatch be automatically generated.

Regards,

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is where the stock has gone down/up?.every movement we are carrying out transaction in SAP .every movement and material is validated. so how stock should either come less or more Then where else the stock was?.Creating PID is second criteria.what are the factors that stock should show either less qty or more qty?.

I hope you understand my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is with your physically available stock.Not the stock entered in SAP.

If the problem is with the system,then there might have been some negative stocks in the past and there would not have been a subsequent posting of GR after the GI...

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you were asking about how the stock was moved in and out. If this is your question then you can use MB51 to see the Mvt. Types. there. From this you can understand how the stock moved in and out. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

K R Vishnu Kumar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is a mismatch between physical stock and stock in SAP, then your warehouse people have not correctly (or not at all) recorded the movements that happened physically.

maybe they missed to post a goods receipt. maybe the material was ordered to cost center, but added physically to your warehouse stock, without doing a 202 movement.

if you have less stock in warehouse than is SAP, it can be stolen, or a goods issue was not posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that negative stocks can also be one of the possible causes.

But still the concept behind the negative stocks is that such a stock is allowed in the system because that much quantity is already received and GR will be done in short future.

Here again the matter is of human error that a GI is posted before the relevant GR creating a mismatch in the system and physical stock

Regards,

Prithviraj

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a physical inventory document with MI01, enter the count with MI04 and post the difference with MI107,

or you all in one step with MI10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform a Physical inventory count and post the differences..

Regards,

Deepak.