cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error after 2007 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recently installed SAP B1 07 on my machine and upgraded to patch 08 immediately afterwards.

I am however receiving an " Internal Error -1101" when I get to the stage where the system wants to shut down SAP and run the client upgrade.

I have tried re-installing the client and restarting my machine with no luck.

please let me know if you can assist.

Regards

Lebo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lebogang,

I don't know if you start installing agin.

If you install sbo, first log in on the server. And then install your patch at the server again login. Then upgrade your client....

I don't know if you did it? But I forget to ask you about this.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Teun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teun,

I have finally worked out what the problem was, the issue was my SQL TCP/IP ports where not enabled or something of that nature, I got to it by trial and error.

Thanx a lot for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lebogang,

This is the explanation in the sdk help : "-1101 Data Source - Bad Connection"

Are you sure that you have a connection with the server??

Best regards,

Teun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teun,

Thanx I looked up the error and all I get is " Data Source - Bad Connection". I have tried running the DI-API upgrade separately but this didn't help either.

I am assuming I have a connection to the server as I can see the databases from the SAP start-up window (and I dont get any errors)

Is there anything else you can suggest, I am thinking of running an uninstall and starting from scratch.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lebogang,

Maybe it's better to deinstall sbo from your client en run the setup again. I don't know of you did install sbo 2005 before on the same machine?

Good Luck.

Regards Teun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teun,

Yes I had 05 on my machine before, Ill do the re-install and let you know how it goes. tx again.