cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal and External number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we have already created an internal number range and posted few SA documents. Then can we change the internal number range to external number range or vice versa(i.e external to internal number range)

Regards

Adnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Document number range cannot be shifted from Internal & External once a documnet is posted.

Before a document is posted, this is possible.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for the information. but just now i have tried changing the external number range to internal number range. It was successful. But i was not able to change internal number range to external number range

However, when i changed the number range from external to internal i had to also change the current number (so that the document numbers already posted should not conflict)

Regards

Rogers

former_member1006152
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Roger

You cannot change internal no. range to external after you posted a document, but you can make a new external no. range and assign to the document type.

Regards

Dharmveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hye

If you want to convert the number ranges from Internal to external follow the following steps.

Go to number range display screen - Remove the latest document number first.

save

Then go to the interval and change the number range from ( next number of the latest posted document ie if latest posted document no is 103 give starting number range 104) to the required number.

Save

and Hope this will solve your problem.

Answers (0)