cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intergrate an external application (Mission impossible?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I've a very particular problem.

I would integrate an external application,developed in Delphi language with a very bad and old graphic interface, into Busines ONE with SBO graphic interface.

I think the only one thing to do is that i should rebuild the application with SBO SDK instruments but if someone of you has a better and quickly idea.... is wonderful!

Help me...How can i do?

Thanks a lot!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to agree with Ibai; meaning that it all depends on what u want to achieve.

If you thinking of using Delphi with User Interface SDK, it is impossible from what i gathered from the forum. But with Data Interface, there is no problem.

As to how good is Delphi, it is this that stopped Borland from sinking to obscurity...many years back. What I used most is the memorytable thing either in the form of kbmMemtable or ClientDatasets. A database table totally in memory with its own index and u can even clone it with its own set of index. I have on occasion need to extract data from SBO and pump it to a memory table for further manipulation and later used DI to pump it back to SBO. In that implementation, taking what they have entered in various store transfer sorted by Project to fill as a bill of material.

At the moment I am learning Visual Basic because of the UI stuff of SBO. So far pretty good, I am beginning to like it as well.

Regards

Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lim,

if you like the approach of storing data in memory, what do you think of datasets in the .Net framework? They will do more than just storing the data. They can be used just like a database.

Lutz Morrien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help me....

I need more ideas...

thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giammichele,

if your application is a three tier application (data layer,business logic layer,GUI layer) you could consider keeping the business layer and exchanging the rest.

If the application is three years old, chances are that it has no layers. In this case, I would advise reprogramming

I do not know how well Delphi works with SAP Business One, but I would probably consider choosing a language officially supported by SAP. If the application logic is well documented, there should be no big effort involved.

There are almost no Delphi samples available, while there are quite a lot in C#, VB6 and VB7. There are also some in Java. Why stick to Delphi. Does it have any advantage over Java or the other languages? (Other then that your app is ready in Delphi )

Lutz Morrien

HTH Lutz Morrien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is very hard to give you a solution, without knowing well the original application. Depending on how it is developed, you will have to rebuild it all of it or not.

Has the application well differenced the graphic interface from the business logic? If so, you could use existing business logic and connect it with a new SBO interface.

The graphic interface MUST be changed? if not, you could integrate all the aplication in SBO without touching it.

Is the application very big? It not, you could think of rebuilding it and take advantege of a new developing tools.

Hope helps, but best who knows the app is you, and I think you will take the best decision.

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

The application developed in Delphi three years ago is not very big but it should keep is functionalities and, now , adding data to SBO database (using SBO business logic) and using the same SBO graphic interface.

In few words the user should have the idea he works with SBO , while he doesn't know he works also with the old application.

What is more useful to do.To destroy or to rebuild?

Help me!!

Thank You!