Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface upgrading from SBO 2004A & inserting add-on identifier string

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts/Gurus,

I am confusing to determine whether the interface needed to be upgraded if the SBO 2004A SP 00 PL 41 version currently using is upgraded and it needs to insert add-on identifier string or not. The interface is a means to import data from another application. I could not see the connection method but I suspect this source code part :

Public Function SetConnectionContext() As Long

Set oCompany = New SAPbobsCOM.Company

sCookie = oCompany.GetContextCookie

sConnectionContext = SBOApplication.Company.GetConnectionContext(sCookie)

SetConnectionContext = oCompany.SetSboLoginContext(sConnectionContext)

End Function

or this one :

Public Sub SetApplication()

Set oSboGuiApi = New SAPbouiCOM.SboGuiApi

sConnectionString = Command

oSboGuiApi.Connect sConnectionString

Set SBOApplication = oSboGuiApi.GetApplication()

Set oApplication = oSboGuiApi.GetApplication()

End Sub

Which one of the source code to be put the string and what is needed prior to upgrade. I appreciate your answer. TIA

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Steve,

I am not sure I completely understand what your question is, but I will give it a shot.

In theory you should be able to install and run the add-on that you created for SAP Business One 2004A with SAP Business One 2005A. This is assuming that you have followed the SAP Business One SDK Standards and Guidelines that are published with the SDK. If you do not add an "addon identifier string" to your code, you will by default use the Compatibility License. This license type will allow your add-on to work until January 2008. At that time you will be required to add your addon identifier string to your add-on code to work with SAP Business One.

As far as where the addon identifier string should be added to your code, you can get information on this in the SAP Business One SDK Help Center Documentation.

If you do run into any issues with your code running under 2005A, you should consult the SAP Business One SDK Compatibility documentation as part of the SDK Help Center for any changes as well as the documentation here on SDN at ...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ba716a67-0c01-0010-deb2-9d3...

HTH,

Eddy

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Tks for your reply. The problem that I do not know is where I have put add-on identifier property between the two codes I have placed in this message.

Rgds,

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If you are using SSO connection (the one you put in your code) you only need to set the AddOnIdentifier in the UI part (SboGuiApi object).

Regards

Trinidad.

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad,

Tks a lot for your reply. If the add-on is add-on for report call, interface or anything that using SSO, will the add-on identifier still be needed to set in the UI part ?

Rgds,

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

- If you are using only DI API then you set the AddOnIdentifier in the DI API Company object before the connection.

- If you are using only UI API then you set the AddOnIdentifier in the UI API SboGuiApi object before the connection.

- If you are using SSO then you set it in the UI API SboGuiApi object before the connection.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards

Trinidad.

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad,

Tks for your answer. I will try to perform it.

Rgds,