cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO-ers

I'm sure this question has been raised before, but I can't find anything on this.

Is is possible within SAP to integrate APO into COPA for forecasting purposes?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically spoken it is not possible to integrate APO <u>into</u> COPA.

What one could ask for might be a transfer of APO data to COPA or vice versa.

Could you further describe how this forecasting is meant to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on what our sales team put into the system (forecasted sales volume), it can tell us the production needs. If this production need can be fed into COPA, we can assign costing BOMS and so forecast the variable cost of sales.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your approach makes sense basically, but I have looked into the system and found no quick solution.

It seems one has to feed the APO data into COPA manually, CATT might be helpful for this.

Another - albeit not more elegant - way could be IDOC techniques.

Maybe someone else here has a success story with APO-COPA data transfer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I was afraid for, but I thought maybe I wasn't looking in the right places. Thanks for you time anyway. Hopefully some developer from SAP is reading this and in will link the two together in a future version... It seems silly that production forecasting based on sales volume and cost of sales forecasting based on sales volume cannot go together and so the sales volume have to be fed into SAP twice in different modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the ideal solution would be a one-stop reporting structure for all purposes. But this will not be easy.

One aspect is that COPA is a derivate from R2 times - the code there is "mature" and many businesses depend on it, but not many people (including in Walldorf) understand completely what is going there, as I have learned from several OSS threads in this field. And there have been a couple of places where we wanted to see for example a "Deckungsbeitrag" in a business process but could not get it out of COPA structures with reasonable effort.

In your case, fairness demands to keep in mind that APO is a specialized product that was introduced in a later moment into SAP logistics, focussing on fast in-memory calculations. Controlling integration was not on top of the demand list here.

But as your case shows, it would make sense.

Maybe it helps to write "feature request" in the subject line ..