cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Rebate Agreements - CO-PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i'm implementing integration between rebate agreements and CO-PA leveraging the integration SD/CO-PA value fields.

Did anybody make it before? In case could you send me some <u>specific</u> documentation?

Any useful help will be larlegy awarded.

Regards

Carminem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing special that needs to be done for rebate arrangements as far as COPA is concerned.

The rebate condition types will be a part of the condition types in teh standard SD pricing procedure and they need to be mapped to the appropriate value fields in COPA.

With every billing, FI will accrue for the rebates, and the same amount will flow to COPA as expense.

When the rebate is settled, theoritically it should have no impact on COPA - it should be Dr the deferred exp and Cr Customer. However, if the cusotmer has not met the target, the entire amount is expensed in the current month - in which case, the COPA impact is 0 as the expense has already been posted to COPA.

If the terms of the rebate are changed (e.g. form 10% rebate to 12% rebate) the standard program to update the billign documents takes care of the changes to the accrual and update of expense to COPA.

Regards

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

thank you for your answer.

In your case you're assuming that accrual are the driver to account costs related to rebate. I've few more question for you

1) Let's assume that i pay more than the accrued amount; the real cost in this case is the amount settled and not the accrued so i underestimate the cost; how can i solve this???

2) Let's assume that my driver is the amount settled (don't know if it's possible)

- How to manage rebates whose recipient is a hierarchy node? In this case i accrue on BP but i pay to the hierarchy node

-How to manage material for settlement in case i group the condition record i.e. on the base of product group? In this case i accrue on the different materials but i pay using material for settlement (that in my case is passed by CRM TPM)

Please help

I'll reward with maximum

Thanks a lot

C*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let us take an example:

You are accruing during every billing @ 100 per invoice. If there are 10 invoices you would have accrued (over some period) $1000

At this point of time the balances of the entries would be:

Dr. Rebate A/c (PL) 1000 - this would also been in COPA

Cr. Rebate accrual (BS) 1000

Now you settle the rebate - say you decide to settle for 1200

At this point the system will do the following entry:

Dr. Rebate accrual (BS) 1000 - posted to COPA

Cr. Rebate A/c (PL) 1000

Dr. Rebate A/c (PL) 1200 - Posted to COPA

Cr. Customer A/c 1200

hence the difference of 200 will be posted to COPA.

Settlement has the obvious issues of where you settle to in COPA. In COPA, the customer will be the customer on the rebate agreement. Hence, it is possible that your accruals and settlements will be in different customers. This has to be then addressed using customer hierarchies or customer (characteristic) groups to manage reporting in COPA or BW.

The same issue is for materials. You will have a settlement material in the rebate agreement and that is what will be posted to COPA. I had the same issue in an earlier project. There materials were linked to profit centers and the business were less concerned about profitability by material but rather by profit center. So for each profit center we created a settlement material. The implication of this is that you have to have as many rebate agreements as you have settlement materials. there is no way you can overcome this (none that i know of anyway)

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

thanks again for your suggestion. I really appreciated.

I got two more questions that is:

1) Assuming that,as per your example, we reverse accrual (this is correct from my Point of View for also FI purposes) and that i wanna use accrual as a driver for my PA, is it possible to disable the update that occurs while i pay the rebate and revert the accruals?

2) In my case we've a CO-PA already in place that is feeded by Tcode KE42 "Change condition"; then i activated the mapping between condition type and value field;

I see that now while making an invoice the field is feeded with a sign minus. i.e. if accrual is 10 it's written as -10 in the value field. I saw the oss note 33178 that states “Revenue, sales deductions and costs are updated in Profitability Analysis with a sign” so maybe ther's something wrong. i also set "Transfer condition values with +/- signs to CO-PA" indicator.

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Carmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

only one more question. It could be great if u could support me on that.

I'm getting negative amount in the COPA value field once i create an invoice with a rebate related accrual. I read in the oss Note 33178 - INFO: +/- sign logic in CO-PA (SD/FI interface) that "Revenue, sales deductions

and costs are updated in Profitability Analysis with a sign."

Is it normal that i get negative amount or probably that behavior is due to some user exit that is filling in this way the value field? Indeed i'm integrating rebate with some value fields that before were feaded using CO-PA condition types (tcode KE42) or txt file.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Carmine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

d