cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

I have Laptop and Portable harddisk(80GB).

I am thinking of installing SAP in my hardisk and use it for my practise.

Why do you advise of it.

1-Shall i go for MINISAP installation?

2-or shall i go for real SAP installation complete pack.

I have both CDS. but i dont know the order of installation.

could somebody suggest me..whats the order to install.

ambichan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SAP are you trying to install? As Anand mentioned, SAP installation is quite a lenghty process. You need to have latest OS patches installed, sufficient hardware resources in terms of HD space, Processor and RAM. Additionally, you have to read the latest SAP Notes mentioned in Installation Guide and download latest patches from SAP Service Marketplace; although you may be able to live without this step. If installing IDES 4.7, you will require JAVA SDK and have to setup environment variables for the Installer to run. The installation guide will list all steps.

For the installation, it is recommended that you copy all installation folders from CDs/DVDs on your hard disk or some network storage, and mention their paths during installation setup, so that installation can continue without interruption. This demands an increased storage requirement.

After installing SAP software, you will need to install a license on your machine if you wish to use the software after 90 days. This will require you to register your installation on Service Marketplace and get a license from there.

Hope it helps. Please get back if you have further questions.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shehryar,

Long time no see ? 'Twas Nice to see your post. Have you also taken a short vacation (like Mark Finnern) or something ?

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thnx for the nice welcome. It is good to be back...was missing SDN too much I went to attend the SDN Meets Labs conference in Germany and it was a wonderful experience. Had the opportunity to meet uberMark and other gurus. As I said, all in all it was a wonderful learning and networking experience.

I did keep on checking back on whats going on SDN and read your nice weblog on Parallel Processing. I am a bit engaged in Presales activities as well so am not finding a lot of time to contribute my 2 cents to SDN; but I am confident that atleast the ABAP Forum can count on you and a couple of other guyz Keep them coming.

Regards

Shehryar

Message was edited by: Shehryar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey anand,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, if i want to go for Second one.

what should be my order of installation.

could you pls list out.

Also what should be min space available to do that.

Ambichan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on which version you want to install.

Look at services.sap.com/instguides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambichan,

Installing SAP is not a joke. It takes so many things and there would be several configuration options.

If you ask me, you should try to get the help of some professional for that - ideally some basis guy from your company. If you get something wrong somewhere, then even the whole of SDN may not be able to help you solve the problems you may later encounter :-).

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambichan,

It really depends on what you want to do in SAP. MINISAP has just got the BASIS components, so you will only be able to do the technical work. It does not have the various application components (SD , MM etc.,).

But if you want to get some functional knowledge and want to practise the various R/3 Applications (eg., Sales Order , Material Master etc.,), you will have to go for the other one.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.