cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing multiple CCMSping Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We need to bring the system availability data through CCMSping agent from one of our satellite system.

But that satellite system's CCMSping agent is already pointing to another Solution Manager system.

So my question is, is it possible to install multiple CCMS ping agent in a system?

Kindly advice,

Thank You,

Regards,

Hasanali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can install multiple agents on same host but we need to use different CSMCONF file for the registration.

you can't register the same agent multiple times with the same CSMCONF file, if you try it will give you an error like "agent already runing with this profile".

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

I saw the link which was suggested above, it says to add more CEN systems, i need to edit the CSMCONF file as CEN2,CEN3...etc..

So you mean to say that for registering with another CEN system, i need to have different CSMCONF file in the same directory?

Regards,

Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I understand, we can use only a single CSMCONF file in a particular remote system's 'CCMS agent configuration directory'.

Either you delete the current registration and current CSMCONF file - and then start new registration in DIALOG mode to register BOTH the CENs during 'a single registration/installation procedure'. Refer the help page -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/40/dec07983db1d428b2c25381dc4e3d4/content.htm

OR, you keep existing registration and current CSMCONF file - and then start another registration (for second CEN) in DIALOG-FREE mode by editing the existing/current CSMCONF file itself.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0a/65ecb4d43417498408d559bfeadbc4/content.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried by editing the csmconf file and it is asking the details of the second central system, but when i try to register the agent in the second CEN system, it is showing an error as below,

"INFO: handling destination

ERROR: can't register at SID. RfcRc = 2, INFORMATION_FAILURE

RFC Error Info for SALF_CSM_AGENT_REGISTER

intstat:"

NOTE : i have assigned the copy of role SAP_CSM_REG to the user in CEN2 system.

Kindly suggest,

Thanks,

Regards,

Hasan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos