Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error in Run ABAP Reports phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm getting an error:

MUT-03025 Caught ERfcExcept in Modulecall: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised..

runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR

The ABAP stack is however up and when I login to 000 client using DDIC user and try to execute the report RADDBDIF, I get a runtime error RAISE_EXCEPTION with Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLSUGI" raised the exception condition "WRITE_FAILED".

Tried reinstallation and changed the 'hosts' file entry and set the permission as per note 162266 but still getting the same error.

System details

ERP 2005 SR2

Oracle 10.2.0.2

Windows 2003 EE X64

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem a few moments ago and I solved it from the way like Rajesh Narkhed and balaram reddy explained. If you want you can see the solution that I adopted just following post / link:

Best regards tpraveenkumart1234

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

set SAPTRANSHOST in perameter file which was located in drivers/etc/host

ipaddress hostname SAPTRANSHOST

regards,

Balaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First ensure that there is no DNS server address configured in your Network configuration. Then add the following line to your \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file or correct an existing line accordingly

<IP Address of server> <Hostname> SAPTRANSHOST

Once done, check as below

dir \\SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans

Check that the user SAPService<SID> has write permission on the transport directory.

Then restart SAP through SAPMMC and also restart Service SAP<SID>

Then continue the installation.

Also carefully go throuogh below SAP Note..

[Note 162266 - Questions and tips for R3SETUP on Windows NT / W2K|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/162266]

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Full permission give to usr/sap directory for all sap users. no logfile is opened. tried saptranshost entry in hosts file also

still getting the error

ERROR 2009-12-23 10:37:24

FRF-00025 Unable to call function. Error message: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised. .

INFO 2009-12-23 10:37:24

RFC connection closed.

MUT-03025 Caught ERfcExcept in Modulecall: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised..

FCO-00011 The step runRADDBDIF with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_ABAP_Reports|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR .

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please set parameter SAPTRANSHOST in your DEFAULT profile.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello tpraveenkumart1234,

Did you solve that issue?? If so, how you solve that?! I´m faccing with same problem when trying to install a sap solution manager 7.0 Ehp1 in phase 27 - Run ABAP Reports. I already open a post in SDN forum --

Can you help me please?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply  it is working fine...

Raamu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close the installation log file and restart, Program itself says that

"don't open the logfile here, otherwise it will be opened two times

and this leads to a shortdump since release 6.10 (cv)"

And give full permissions to all the / contents till installation gets completed.

Regards

Nick Loy