cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install/Register a Addon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

now i completed my Addon in VS2008 (C#).

Now i want install and Register my Addon. I have the c# B1 Addon Wizard but don´t know how to use it.

I need a Sample or a Introduction how to install c#-Addons .

Regards

Dhomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhomas,

Check this in

All Programs-->Sap Business One -

>SDK--

>SDK Help Center

or

you can also search this in E-Learning

Thanks

Shafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but the E-Learning presentations dont start.

Has nobody a sample c# installer project?!

Regards

Dhomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I don't have an example, but the installer is pretty easy. It's a standard installation tool that accepts two command line arguments

1st is the Addon installation directory

2nd is the AddOnInstallAPI.dll path

You can base it on installshield or even write your own project with custom methods.

Sorry I don't have an example, maybe someone else will have one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this

Prerequisites

You have:

■Superuser authorization in SAP Business One

■The add-on registration data (.ard) file

■The add-on setup.exe file

Procedure

1.From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose Administration Add-Ons Add-On Administration Company Preference tab.

2.Choose the Register Add-On button.

The Add-On Registration window appears.

3.Locate and select the add-on registration data (.ard) file for the add-on by choosing (Browse) button next to the Registration Data File field.

If the selected .ard file contains installer information and the installer file is located in the same folder as the .ard file, SAP Business One automatically fills the installer file in the Installation Package field.

4.If the Installation Package field is not filled automatically, locate and select the setup.exe file for the add-on by choosing (Browse) .

5.To assign the add-on to the current company, select the Assign to Current Company checkbox.

6.To install the add-on after registration, select the Install as Part of Registration checkbox.

SAP Business One installs the add-on on the current machine immediately after registration. You do not have to log off your company and log on again. Installing the add-on on other machines depends on company and user preferences.

7.To register the add-on, choose the OK button.

■If you assigned the add-on to the current company in step 5, the add-on appears in the Company-Assigned Add-Ons list in the Add-On Administration window. The add-on is registered and assigned to the current company.

Add-ons that are not mandatory are registered as Disabled and Active for the company. Fore more information about these settings, see Add-On Administration: Company Preferences Tab.

■If you did not assign the add-on to the current company in step 5, the add-on appears in the Available Add-ons list in the Add-On Administration window. The add-on is registered for the current company.

8.To notify all the users in the current company about the new add-on, proceed as follows:

1.Choose the Send Notification to Users button.

The You Have new Add-Ons to Install window appears.

2.Enter the notification message header and text.

3.Choose the Send Notification button.

Users receive the notification message within a minute after you have sent it.

9.To close the Add-On Administration window, choose the OK button.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pari thanks,

I'm not that far. I even have to get my Setup File.

How can i convert my .exe in a Setup ?

Thats my main problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do some research - that is not how an installer works, you do not convert your exe at all, you just include it in the installer.

An installer is an .exe that you package some files in to (your exe., the interop dlls you need, xml files for your forms, any other files your application needs), with a set of instructions on where to extract them do when the .exe is run.

As I mentioned above, a B1 installer is a standard installer with the difference that it needs to accept and use two command line arguments from B1. Therefore this is not really a B1 specific question, and you can find a ton of information on the web:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228283(v=vs.80).aspx

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2251062/c-how-to-make-an-installer-for-my-application

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

These are just 3 pages I found with a quick search. Just a standard installer with the difference that you need to work with the B1 command line arguments.

Once your installer is created, you need to make an ARD file using the tool provided with the B1 SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have instruction before proceed this process? I want to know the steps following in C#,
Thanx

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhomas,

Im not able to view ur mail id

so can u post ur maild id

Thanks

Shafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Sorry!

huettner.thomas[at]web.de

replace[at]

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

now the install and register was ok.

But when i start the addon i get this Error.

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3

Problemsignatur 01: nag_artikelerstellung.exe

Problemsignatur 02: 0.0.0.0

Problemsignatur 03: 4e37ea74

Problemsignatur 04: nAG_Artikelerstellung

Problemsignatur 05: 0.0.0.0

Problemsignatur 06: 4e37ea74

Problemsignatur 07: 9

Problemsignatur 08: 6

Problemsignatur 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You might have done something wrong...can you let us know what steps you have followed to register and how you prepare your .ard file??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I prepare my Ard File with the "AddOnRegDataGen" Tool .

I filled all requiered Fields, except for Installer/Uninstaller Command Line Arguments.

Then i start B1 - Addon Administration -> Register Addon -> Select my Ard File & Install as Part of Registration

Step 2 : Addon Manager -> Pending Add-Ons -> Install ( Addon was installed without Errors)

Step 3 : Installed Addons -> Select my Addon -> START

And then i get this Error

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my basic understanding of German it looks like you haven't packaged a file that your addon needs to run in the installer. So it is looking for it and can not find it.

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException".

When creating the installer you need to package your files, and instruct the installer to extract them to the installation directory, I think you have forgotten a file you need.

When working with these sort of things it's better to not just reuse something given to you and instead do some research on it - it makes it much easier to solve issues if you understand it from the bottom up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have Packaged my file and my installer extract it in the folder.

I make out , that when i start my exe outside from Visual Studio i get the Same ErrorMessage.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now i use the SAP B1 AddonInstaller .NET Wizard.

The Installation and Registration was succesfull.

But when I Start the Addon i get the Same error !

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: nag_artikelerstellung.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 0.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03: 4e37ea74
Problemsignatur 04: nAG_Artikelerstellung
Problemsignatur 05: 0.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 06: 4e37ea74
Problemsignatur 07: 9
Problemsignatur 08: 6
Problemsignatur 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

The strange is, that when I start my Addon in Visual Studio i get no Error.

Should I post my code? It´s a little Addon

I despair

Regards

Dhomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyaaa,

i solved my Problem.

The Error was, that the .dll´s (SAPbouiCOM,SAPbobsCOM) weren´t in the AddON Directory.

I copied the dll´s in the Directory and then the Addon runs .

Thank u all 4 your Help

Dhomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhomas,

Can You Update Your E-mail Id

so that i can send u documents regarding packaging

Thanks

Shafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shafi,