cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection result copy in mass(One single to Multiple inspection lot)

former_member622022
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Is there any way to copy inspection result in mass ???

I search on forum but find the soultion to copy the data individually. Can we copy the result for multiple inspection lot in a single shot.

Regards

Tejas Khanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

You are using the Mill products solution then?

I'm not intimately familiar with that solution. I would think they might have accounted for that scenario. No?

Look at config in QM-->Environment-->tools-->Business Add-Ins-->Quality Inspection-->Business Add-In for Selection of Results Data for Copy of Insp. Results. READ the node information!.

You'll need to look at implementation 300 - QEC_SELECTION_300 - custom selection of inspection lot. You SHOULD be able to put in code to allow you results copy to identify the one incoming lot you want to utilize for the copy results functionality.

Then in the config referenced above by R.Brahmankar you make the appropriate settings. That wiki DOESN'T show you the full config setting however. you need to scroll to the right under "selection" to pick 300 - custom Selction of inspection lot. This is what connects the copy function to the custom code in the Badi described above.

It all require development but should give you the means to copy all the results into the additional lots from some initial lot.

One problem you might have is when the first set of results are available vs. when the additional inspection lots are created. You might need to 'retrigger' the copy manually somehow at a later time. you can maybe do it via custom transaction, or use some different user exits at different places to try and retrigger it.

Craig

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hello,

What is the purpose of inspection and inspection lot creation in this case?

You can copy Inspection Results from Previous Inspection Lot refer SAP useful wiki page on it.

Copy Inspection Results from Previous Inspection Lot

However you can not copy same results to multiple lots, may be you can use BAPI BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS and develop your own program for it.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member622022
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

This requirement arises from GRN, As they are doing GRN of Billets having different section size. The purchase order will be created in Bulk quantity say 200 TON, and GRN will be performed on regular Intrveral of minium quantity 10-15 based on the wagon/truck capacity. Since it is the steel manufacturing, Material chemistry will get changed like HEAT NO, carbon content, Phosphorous content and so on.

So while performing GRN, the quantity gets spilt based by using MILL products, Fast Entry option. For each lot the Inspection lot gets created, So as no users will do the result recording manual one by one, we need a copy function.

Regards

Tejas Khanna

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why don't you use the functionality of Fast Entry of Characteristics in Goods Receipt like HEAT NO, carbon content, Phosphorous in MIGO?

Goods receipt with copying of characteristic value assignments to the batch class with fast data entry of characteristics .

Please refer SAP help document on it.

Fast Entry of Characteristics in Goods Receipt

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems like a interesting requirement. Would you be willing to share more on the type of process that requires this?

The only thing I can think of is the unloading of a hopper truck or tanker truck into multiple types of containers. I.e. say into different sizes of super sacks or drums.

Typically in that you would receipt the truck and use a process order for each container type being packed out in what is essentially "repacking". This allows you to capture the labor and materials, (sacks, drums, labels, etc) used in the repack. Results then typically can transfer through the production chain to COA's directly from the original 01 inspection lot or batch record from the tanker/hopper truck inspection.

But I can see some places issuing these raws to cost centers instead of allocating to individual orders. In which case you might do something like you describe.

I'm just curious about the process/industry that requires this.

former_member622022
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

This requirement arises because we are splitting the batches into a number of individuals batches at the time of Goods receipt of the Purchase order, as a result, multiple inspection lot are geeting created.

Regards

Tejas Khanna

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you want inspection lot for each batch?

Else in material master quality view there is field Control insLot = 'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item/order item

This setting is limited for use with the inspection lot origins 01 and 04. An inspection lot is only created during the first goods receipt for each PO item or production order.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member622022
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried but still, individuals lot are getting created against each splitted quantity.

Regards

Tejas Khanna