cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation - only when batch is posted on quality stock?

Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am interested in a question from quality management.

Is it possible to configure the system so that an inspection lot is created for a goods receipt posting for a production order when the batch is posted to quality stock?

Attention! Posting to unrestricted-use stock must also be selectable and in that case not create an inspection lot.

So, if the user decides to post the batch to the quality stock, an inspection lot should be created. If the user decides to post the batch to unrestricted-use stock, no inspection lot should be created.

Thank you for your comments.

Greetings, Ulrike

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Removed SAP S/4HANA Cloud tag.

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello 0020307372.

How are you? The way you determine the generation of Inspection Lots for Goods Receipts depends on the Inspection Types and the details of settings for Inspection Types for each Material in each Plant, considering Material Master Data/Product Master Data. Generally, you determine that all Goods Receipt generates an Inspection Lot with Inspection Quantity after a Goods Receipt for Production Order, for Example, using the specific Inspection Type for Goods Receipt for Production Order.

Also, inside the Inspection Type for Goods Receipt for Production Order, you define also the rules to generate new Inspection Lots or adding inspection Quantity in a Inspection Lot. For example, you can determine if you have a new Goods Receipt for a Production Order for the same Batch, no New Inspection lot will be generated, but the Inspection Quantity for the Inspection Lot created for the Batch will be updated, considering the new Goods Receipt.

Please provide more details about the scenario you are trying to perform, with examples of when you want to generate a New Inspection Lot or when you want to update the Inspection Quantity of an Existing Inspection Lot.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello 0020307372.

How are you? The way you determine the generation of Inspection Lots for Goods Receipts depends on the Inspection Types and the details of settings for Inspection Types for each Material in each Plant, considering Material Master Data/Product Master Data. Generally, you determine that all Goods Receipt generates an Inspection Lot with Inspection Quantity after a Goods Receipt for Production Order, for Example, using the specific Inspection Type for Goods Receipt for Production Order.

Also, inside the Inspection Type for Goods Receipt for Production Order, you define also the rules to generate new Inspection Lots or adding inspection Quantity in a Inspection Lot. For example, you can determine if you have a new Goods Receipt for a Production Order for the same Batch, no New Inspection lot will be generated, but the Inspection Quantity for the Inspection Lot created for the Batch will be updated, considering the new Goods Receipt.

Please provide more details about the scenario you are trying to perform, with examples of when you want to generate a New Inspection Lot or when you want to update the Inspection Quantity of an Existing Inspection Lot.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello 0020307372.

How are you? As there is no comment from your side for more than 7 days (One Week), I have accepted the answer I have put. If you do not agree, you can reopen this question.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juliano,

Please excuse me, I have been away from the office for a few days. You have already answered my question, I think.

We produce several batches per production order and I would like to decide per batch whether I perform quality control or not.

My idea: If I choose the stock type "Quality stock" when posting the finished goods to the production order, then trigger an inspection lot. If I choose the stock type "Unrestricted use stock", then please do not create an inspection lot.

But according to your answer, this is not possible. I understood you to say that I have to make the decision about creating an inspection lot at the level of the material and cannot make it per batch.

Regards, Ulrike

Answers (0)