cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insp. lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have assigned insp type 06 (returns from customer) on a material.but when i make a return delivery after reapir request,No inspection lot generated.

Why insp. lot is not generated.I have already checked the following things

i- insp. type 06 is active in mat. master QM view.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad,

sometimes you have to activate the inspection type 05 for this scenario.

Regards,

Isabelle

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

by this inspection type inspection lot does not generated automatically. you have to create by QA01 for this inspection origin 06 and inspection type 06. if you want to create inspection lot automatically then you hae to use 05 goods reciept others for that.

regards

Pravin

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Inspection lots 06 and 05 will both generate automatically. You don't have to use QA01 for the 06.

Check configuration - Inspection in SD.

QM>Quality inspection>Inspection Lot creation-->Inspection at shipping

In here select "Assign Inspection lot Origin to Delivery Type"

Find the delivery type "LR" returns delivery. Enter in 05 or 06 depending on what your preference is. The primary difference is that 06 lots are not stock relevant while 05's are. If you've created custom delivery types for returns you'll need to set those up too.

Above info from 6.0 system.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on May 8, 2008 6:10 PM

Edited by: Craig Snyder on May 8, 2008 6:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

Thanks a lot.By ur suggestions my problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

In the path u told (QM>Quality inspection>Inspection Lot creation-->Inspection at shipping),

i have never assigned any lot origin to any delivery type, still system is generating the inspection lot with insp type 06.

Can you please tell me when it is mandatory to do the assignment and if it is always mandatoy,in my case how system is generating the lot.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not 100% sure on this. I believe that it might depend on the version. I think the path in config I gave is only available in 6.0.

Plus, you might check out the material movement being used. I believe that the 06 can also be triggerred by the material movement when you do the GR of the return delivery. I forget to mention that to the other poster. For the GR movement type, some one might have deactivated QM and as a result he wasn't getting the 06 created automatically via the material movement.

I believe the setting in the config for the delivery type will take priority over the material movement origin.

But I haven't tested this to be sure. Let me know if you get a chance to test it.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on May 9, 2008 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

this path is there in 4.7,5.0 and 6.0 too.Thats not the question.

And though we use this path and assign the lot origin to delivery type or not assign,there has tobe some movement type assigned to schedule line category.

so i want to know what is the sifnificance of the path you said in config?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the config mentioned is used to take precedence over the standard material movement inspection origin or to specify a inspection orign when the MM type has no origin specified, or is deactivated.

Again, I haven't specifically tested all that. But I'm making an educated guess on that since you can use that config to specify an 05 instead of an 06 inspection lot for returns.

Craig