cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infor Payroll ARea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query ...In my company under one company code their are many Personnel Area existing as of now..now for few personnel area business want to give Authorisation to only one location for Master Data updation...where as rest all remains same,

Kindly suggest is that possible .....if yes how?

As per my understanding we can create the new Payroll ARea and through Org Reassignment with the reason change in Payroll Area we can assign all the ees in the new payroll area and remaining data be the same as existing.

And we can provide the Authorisation for MasterData Update to that.

If any other better way pls suggest....

Pls suggest .....

Regards,

Ritika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritika,

No Problem....

Vijay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From details you have provided, my understanding is that you are creating a payroll area for master data updation in a centralized manner. (correct me if am wrong)

Please make sure that you are creating the new payroll area, only with a different name and rest all parameters are same.

If not, the following problems can occur if payroll is in-house for your system

1. If an employee who is paid semi-monlty and now the new payroll area is biweekly, then there will be a problem in the number of days for which the salary is counted.

2. You will be facing a problem if the periods are different, since some of employees might have alredy completed the evaluation upto some period, were some has not

Regards

Lakshmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritika,

Your two choices are correct n go ahead with that...

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay for the updates.

I am going ahead with the option, hope it will not have any after effects.

Regards,

Ritika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritika,

YES ...You can create different payroll areas under one company code with different personnel areas...

Possible combinations are :-

1. Each personnel area with one payroll area

2. Each employee group in that particular personnel area can be created different payroll area.

Vijay

Edited by: Vijay Shankar on Jan 10, 2012 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i have one payroll area for a set of personnel areas...under the same company code??? I mean I will only change the Payroll ARea....???

And for that Can i execute the ACtion Org Reassignment and in reaosn we can make change in payroll area and will change only the payroll area...is that the right approach???

Regards,

Ritika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below find SAP Recommendation.

Determine which employee groups you want to settle separately. On the one hand, this decision depends on whether you want to settle individual employee groups (for example, business and salaried employees) at different times, and, on the other hand, on how detailed you want the evaluations to be with regard to the payroll area.

Payroll area you can use many ways esg group wise, Employee group wise, Country grouping wise or applicant data wise.

In other cases don't default use PA / PSA wise upload or maintain manually the data (payroll area).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to understand why my query going so complicated my question is very simple.

Existing Scenario

1 company code many personnel area and sub areas....now for few personnel area my mgmt wants the master data to be updated by one location out of them as it is centralised as of now...and they dont want to create a new company code.

Now I am planning only to change the Payroll Area for the employees falling under those personnel areas...so that the master data updation authorisation can be restricted to that one location which business wants...first is it ok????

2nd to make this happen can i go in PA40 and execute ORG Reassignemtn for those employees and and inreason can i make change in payroll area and change it..let other things remains the same..

What are the other impacts of Canging the Payroll ARea?????

Hope it is clear now....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query ...In my company under one company code their are many Personnel Area existing as of now..now for few personnel area business want to give Authorisation to only one location for Master Data updation...where as rest all remains same - CLEAR REQUIREMENT PLS.....

2nd option is Authorization to the end user for with your previous personnel area codes

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Forget about Authorisation part, just let me know the possibility of creating a diff payroll area for the employees under the same company code in diff personnel area. I want their master data updation to be done by one of these personnel area ...for which can I create new payroll area and throug org reassignment if I give them reason as Change of Payroll Area ...is that ok.

Ritika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Forget about Authorisation part, just let me know the possibility of creating a diff payroll area for the employees under the same company code in diff personnel area. I want their master data updation to be done by one of these personnel area ...for which can I create new payroll area and throug org reassignment if I give them reason as Change of Payroll Area ...is that ok.

Ritika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Need your inputs.....

Ritika