cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info type 0003 View indicator Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Recently we have upgraded our system from R3 4.7 to ECC 6.0.Now in testing i have found that when i try to change the entry date of an employee then system gives me the message

"Organizational reassignment not permitted**

*Message no. PG162*

*Diagnosis*

*The organizational reassignment is not possible because*

*The previous and new personnel areas are assigned to different country groupings (MOLGA)*

*or*

*The organizational assignment (feature IVWID) and the employee have different infotype view indicators.*

*System Response*

*The organizational reassignment is rejected.*

*Procedure*

*Check the attributes of the personnel areas, the settings in feature IVWID, and the employee's infotype view indicator in the Payroll Status infotype (transaction SE16, table PA0003, field VIEKN).*

As per the procedure given when i checked the VIEKN field in PA0003 i found that its blank and in feature IVWID for country grouping 40 return value is 40 itself.I have checked for other employees also and for each one field VIEKN is blank.

When i compared the upgraded test system with the previous R3 system i found that field VIEKN is blank there for all employees and in feature IVWID there is no entry for country grouping 40 and system is returning the value through a function "RP_GET_IVWID"

Can any body suggest what should i do for this scenario.

Regards

"

"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hai

can explain in short

if it is problem, in country grouping assign personel area with country grouping

thnks

sikindar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In brief the issue is this that for all the employees whose master data were already present on the system before upgrade for all of them "VIEKN" field in info type 0003 is blank as before upgarde in feature IVWID there were no entry in our system for country grouping 40.

Now in upgarded system In feature IVWID there is an entry for country grouping 40 hence when ever i do any kind of the action on previous employees system gives error to me that no oraganization reassignment possible because of mismatch in IVWID and field VIEKN in info type 0003.

Now i want to ask should i maintain VIEKN field for all the existing employees or should i remove country grouping entry in feature IVWID.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u remove country grouping entry how do u

assign values

sikindar