cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the currency field length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard Currnecy field allows to store only 11+2 digit value. Does any one know how to increase the field length to store more values ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member794604
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vitthai,

Increasing the field length of amount field is not at all possible in SAP , because the same problem i have faced before and i got reply from SAP that its not possible.

In WRBTR field you can put maximum 13+2 , but in report fields you will get 15+2 , if your transaction amount is large you can split the amount and make two documents.

The field is used in N number of tables in SAP , so don't make any changes in the field through ABAP it will lead to system errors.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer OSS.Couple of notes I found, no. 1168163 and 1162858, suggest some changes to allow display of larger amounts but limiting the transaction amounts within permissible limits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can do it with the help os an ABAPer. But it not advisable to increase the length the field .

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anish. Actually we want to store the values like 50,000 Crore. system does not allow to store more than 9999 Crore. do you have any idea how to resolve this kind of issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is for which trasanction . I think standard field is of 16 digits. we cannot add more than that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi even i have same requirement because of usd to zmk exchange rate (1-5000).

and our system is already productive.

regards

Murali