cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increase storage capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i want to increase my storage capacity. i have install new hdd. sapdata1 to sapdata7 are full. so what's a procedure to upgrade ?

Thanks

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

How many HDD vacant slot you have in your computer. You can add new HDD and copy full database ( like Sapdata1 - sapdata7) which is critical to new HDD with other name. for example you want to copy sapdta1 to new hdd. Create newsapdata1 and copy from sapdata1 after copied rename the sapdata1 to sapdata1_old and newsapdata to sapdata1.

After renaming you can use this space in other volume like sapdata2 to sapdata7. For this activity you have to contact you OS persion who is given hardware and os support to you.

You have not mentioned here what os your are using. If you are using windows then you can do yourself. If you are using other os pls mentioned df -k output so tha we can see and reply accordingly.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

If you want to add more space, add/allocate the required space to the existing directory or make the space available in the new directory and add the datafiles by using the BRTOOLS/SAPDBA to the tablespaces.

Like that you can increase the storage capacity....

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you need to take help of BASIS team or server provider means had drive provider

You can add new hard disk to it and copy old data to it

Regards