cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound remittance advices from customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap Gurus

We receive remittance advices from customers in an excel format. The cash appliers would like the cash to be applied automatically. Similar to inbound EDI 820 idoc process, is there a function module/BAPI to apply the cash by uploading the excel file?

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked at using the IDOC for payment advices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Can the excel file be read and converted into an PEXR 2002 IDOC by using a custom program?

Could you please explan the process with more details?

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to develop a custom program with the help of ABAPer to convert the excel sheet into BAI2 file to be imported as a lockbox file. The you will have to set up lockbox configuration to for the cash to post automatically.

Award points if useful...

Thanks

Morgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morgan,

Thanks for your reply. We have decided to use a custom program(batch input/function module - not decided) to create payment advice from the excel document and the same program has to call 'post with clearing transaction' with reference to the payment advice and clear the open items. There is also a standard program RFAVIS40 to post process the payment advices if they are not applied. We are still in blue printing phase. The whole idea is to replicate the process for inbound EDI 820 PEXR2002 standard process.

Your idea is also good - creating a lockbox file from the excel document. We'll definetely look into this idea as well.

Please let me know what are your concerns on both these approaches?

Thanks

Murali

Edited by: Muralikrishna Vellalakaruvu on Apr 30, 2008 10:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morgan,

I have a similar requirement like the one you suggested.

Client gets customer remittance advice in excel file and that has to be loaded to system and convert the file to lockbox

format. Then the converted file will be processed through the lockbox program and payment will be posted to customer's

account.

Can you please give some details how to convert excel file format to lockvox format.

If you can share any documents that would be helful.

Bharathi_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Morgan,

We have the same requirement where in we get the remittance data in excel which need to be converted to lockbox BAI2 file and process the same through the standarda lockbox program.

I need to cnvert the excel file data to lockbox file .PLease guide me on the prroach to achieve it.

Thanks,

Bharathi.