cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Delivery - External ID 16 Characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When creating inbound delivery we are currently using a combination of fields which is more than 16 characters.

This does not give any error.

However, if edit the inbound and change the expected arrival date then a error is given that says its more than 16 characters and it could effect IVR.

The customer is not using the delivery note for IVR so its not a problem.

Question is why does it let it create in the first place and only when edit the date then there is a error?

We don not want this error. I checked config and cant find anything to switch it off - Only to ensure external ID is unique and mandatory.

We also have a program to mass update multiple inbound and this allows it so its only when processing online.

Thanks!

Clayton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IVR I mean Invoice Verification.

External ID via VL31N;

Save and then edit inbound via VL32N changing date then save and get error:

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not an error message, it is a warning.

If this message only appears when changing and not while creating an inbound delivery then I would address it to SAP Support.

The mass change program that you mentioned sounds a bit like home made, so I would not expect those messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though its a warning I still cannot save inbound.

I will address to SAP.

Thanks

Clayton

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are talking about an error without telling the exact error message nor posting the error message number.

Also explain what IVR means.

Being more specific and posting better information just helps yourself to get quicker a solution