cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing UDO with DTW ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check it out at /people/lisa.mulchinock/blog/2009/07/27/how-to-use-macros-to-importupdate-data-for-di-objects-not-yet-exposed-via-the-dtw-eg-udo-tables

Great development on top of the DI for UDO.

View Entire Topic
paul_feeney
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As of DTW version 2005.0.27, you can import UDOs directly with the DTW application. This version of DTW was released with:

-SAP Business One 2007 A SP01 PL47

-SAP Business One 2007 B SP00 PL14

There are certain limitations:

1. UDOs with a space character in the Name (OUDO.Name) are not supported. It will result in this error: u201CUnknown error -1005 !u201D

2. The date format requirements for UDOs differs from the normal format in DTW. For UDOs you must enter the date in yyyy-mm-dd format.

3. UDOs of Document Type cannot be updated. You can import them but not update. (Updates will be supportes in DTW 2005.0.28 though)

You can get more info in this SAP Note: 1353428 - DTW2005.0.27: Support for UDOs

Regards,

Paul Feeney

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope you will solve my problam

Do you have any idea how to do this

Parent table(Master Data type) i have customer code enter is Code and customer name is enter in Name field

Child table (Master Data Row type) i have U_Rate,U_frmdate,U_todate

I don't have to update parent table, only i need to import next row in child table due to rates are change time to time

I have created UDO named as obj_CCPRICELIST

But i can not do this via DTW through Chooseing Business Object obj_CCPRICELIST

I struck with system message

Key: 001

Reason: Invalid XML Expected item name < child table> but got row <UDO>

Prasad

Using: SAP 2007B PL15, DTW 2005.0.30

mark_skinner87
Explorer
0 Kudos

HELLO THERE

I have the same issue. Did you get an answer? If so i would be grateful if you would share it with me.

Regards

Keith

mark_skinner87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Paul

I am gettin the same problem (i.e. Invalid XML.. Expecting item name <file name> bur 'row' provided.

Can you please help

Regards

Keith