cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of bulk serial numbers with Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to create an Add-On that automates the creation of Goods Receipt PO documents with linked serial numbers. Using the DI API I manage to create the Goods Receipt and link about 1000 serial numbers to one document without any problems. When the item qty (and linked serial number qty) goes beyond 10,000 it crashes (probably runs out of memory).

I know an alternative would be possibly using the DI Server. Has anyone ever done this with such big volumes? Not sure if the DI Server would be able to handle say 100,000 serial numbers, at a time.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jéan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jéan,

DI Server may not help in this case. The only alternative is limit the maximum serial numbers. There is a hard threshold that B1 can handle. Unless you have unlimited hardware and software resources (nobody has), do not waste your time.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon.

This is not good news. I am just concerned as the SDK help on DI Server specifically states:

"Business partners can use the DI Server for the following main scenarios:

==>> Heavy duty operations, such as batch"

I assume this is the same type of "heavy duty operation" as a data take-on would be? Or does it mean that B1's serial number management is limited to small quantities at a time.

Jéan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your business line that needs such amount of serial numbers?