cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing CO-PA ... some questions ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

I have a requirement for Implementing COPA in my company I have several question to ask.

1) How will I know whether COPA is activated or not ?

2) What is typical questionnaire there should when implementing CO-PA ?

3) What is the difference between PCA and CO-PA ?

4) Since PCA is being used, what will make difference by activating CO-PA

5) I'm planning to capture revenue and sales related figure is readily available in PCA, in case if it is then is it necessary for CO-PA to be activated

6)Finally is there any type of Blueprint available or list question to be ask before CO-PA Implementation

Thanks in Advance

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

One last question can I have a typical question for CO-PA Implementation like what type of info to look for and questionnaire ...I found it not available in SAP site

TQ

BR

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

One more question .... this may sound silly .... but if I were to implement CO-PA, should I start my work on development or in production. Since SAP has already gone live in 2004, there is some plan to go ahead in CO-PA activation. Is it that after I have done the work in development then it will be transported to Production...

Pls advise

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Always do your work first in development, then test it out in your QA box. Once signed off, transport over to production. This is usually the standard procedures.

Cheers,

Gim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

I would like to know how can Identify information on the dimensions and values by which the profitability analysis is to be made. These dimensions will be your characteristics and values will be your value fields.

Can oanyone assist me

TQ

Nathan

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In addition to Dhana,

Even if PCA have been implemented, CO-PA can also be implemented, it offers loads of advantage and help in multi Dimension reporting.

ROCE= Return on Capital Employed.

Also there are many info notes in OSS, you can refer

33968 SD/CO-PA: Characteristics from sales document tables

36557 SD/CO-PA: Transfer partner functions to CO-PA

Hope this helps.

Please assign points as way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananajai,

I have 2 question here ....

If I have PCA, already activated .... is it advisable to activate or go ahead with CO-PA ? Since both are nearly have the same function ?

Finally ... can eloborate on your point no 7 "7. Finally, please note that the values will flow into COPA based on the mapping of SD condition types to COPA value fields in customizing plus the characteristic derivation rules defined in customizing."

By the way what is ROCE stands for ?

I quite not seem to get it

Thanks in Advance ...

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Go to maintain CO area settings (tcode: OKKP) - activate components... here you can check whether profitability analysis is activated or not.

2. Typical questionnaire... you can have a list of questions from ASAP or based on the client's reporting and control requirements. Nevertheless, you need to get information about the dimensions and values by which the profitability analysis is to be made. These dimensions will be your characteristics and values will be your value fields.

3. PCA is a uni-dimensional reporting / analysis tool, whereas COPA is a multi-dimensional tool. PCA captures revenues and expenses for a given profit center. COPA captures revenue and cost of goods sold data for a combination of dimensions, say for ex., for the combination of company code, plant, material and customer and so on. PCA helps in measuring ROCE, whereas the same will not be possible in COPA. A kind of simulation analysis will be possible in COPA (as you can get data flow directly from a billing document in case of costing based PA), which is not possible in PCA.

4. The above point, hopefully, clarifies this.

5. Point 3 clarifies this too.

6. Please refer to ASAP Q&A DB.

7. Finally, please note that the values will flow into COPA based on the mapping of SD condition types to COPA value fields in customizing plus the characteristic derivation rules defined in customizing.

Hope these point will be of help to you. You can also refer to the help documentation available on help.sap.com.

Cheers.

Dhananjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ....

In addition (question) to point no 5 .... does PCA capture revenue and sales related figures ? If it does ? How ...

Pls advise

TQ

BR

Nathan