cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon since in the Word Document in SAP Easy DMS.

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

i have a question, when i searched a Document Number in SAP Easy DMS, the file is a microsoft word document. the icon of it has a mark on Exclamation Part with in the icon "!" what does it mean? can you please explain what does it mean? thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The exclamation mark implies that file is marked for deletion. Once you log-off and login again that document should vanish from the list.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thank you so much for this reply. Can you give me how i can mark a original word document in Easy DMS for deletion? i want to replicate the issue. Thank you for the quick help.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30bba04a-0114-2d10-6696-9898522c9...

To understand the process of deletion of a document info record. Exclamation icon will appear only when Easy DMS cache does not refresh properly. In other case document will get deleted and will vanish from the screen.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello deepakkori,

i have checked again the document it was still there in SAP Easy DMS with the same exclamation point, two version on the same document number version 00 is obselete while version 01 is approve status. they are not deleted yet?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello deepakkori,

i have checked again the document it was still there in SAP Easy DMS with the same exclamation point, two version on the same document number version 00 is obselete while version 01 is approve status. they are not deleted yet?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following steps

1) Access the DIR in change mode.

2) Set the deletion indicator to "on"

3) Run the program MCDOKDEL

4) Play around with test mode a bit to see the effect

5) Run the program in "real mode" to delete the documents.

Above steps will ensure that document is deleted and cleared from the list.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for all the help on this. I have learned that the "!" inside the word document icon is caused by saving a word document with the word macro-enabled type such as .docm and .dotm. i have replicated the issue already.