cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw to remove Material & Serial No. from Equipment serial data Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Gurus,

By mistake i have assigned a material and serial no. to a equipment but now i want to remove the same completely from there please tell me hw the remove the same from serial data tab.I tried from my side but it is only allowing me to replace but i want to remove that material completely and make the equipment materialless in serial data tab.

Regards,

Raju chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As above said You can't remove serial number which one already assigned by you. If you require you can change the number what you have assigned in Edit in serial number tab.

If your client really doesn't want serial number for that perticular material just put a deletion flag for that material and create new material, if it is one and early in start up. If it has some history give the old material reference number in long text.

if you want more have a look:http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/3c/abc1cc413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Regards

Srinvas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

Actually some one have assigned that by mistake and therefore to avoid from misguiding i want to remove from the same

Regards,

Raju chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the material can't be removed from the Const type filed and Serial number from Ser Data tab of the Equipment master in IE02, then you may not change the same. You can think of setting a deletion flag in the equipment master, if it is no more to be used.

Prase

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

It may not be possible if the serial number and equipment number have been aligned, or the costruction type and material number..

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try removing the "Construction type" from the equipment master.

It might help.

Thanks,

AD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

There is no construction type in Equipment master data tab only there is material and serial no.but whenever im going through edit menu it only allow me to replace not allowing to remove the material from there because material no. is not editable

Raju chauhan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is not possible to remove the material from the serialization tab ,once it has been assigned.You can only change the material and serial no

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I got confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

Just i want to remove material and serial no. from equipment master data.

Raju chauhan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in the equipment change mode select EDIT>Serial no functions>Change material no

you can change the material no and serial no

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thyagarajan,

I want to remove the material and serial no. dont want to change please tell me hw to do the same

Regards,

Raju chauhan