cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRALXSYNC for Talent Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing Talent Management on EhP4. We have activated the HRALX HRAC switch for business partner activation and now need to create BPs for our existing Central Persons. We are using HRALXSYNC to do this. According to the documentaion we should run this with the Employee box checked. We currently have close to 300,000 central persons in our production system.

1) Should this be run wide open in the background? Or do I need to run it for smaller groups?

2) Do we need to run this for all central persons (300,000) or just the ones that are currently active (18,000)?

3) There is a 'Changes Since' option to run this with but that does not allow you to check an object box. Should this be used? I saw reference to this in this post: This stated that we should run it with the 'Changes Since' box checked (standard variant) and then schedule the program periodically to pick up changes. Is that the correct procedure in our situation? That message was referencing E-Recruiting. If not run for a specific object is this going to create more objects than what is needed for Talent Management?

Thanks for your help!

Leah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leah,

I would only run this report for Active EEs as (I think) you almost certainly won't be performing any Talent Management activities on withdrawn or inactive employees. For this user group I would run the report and then repair any objects that do not have the correct data. The report might take some time to run so I would try and run it in the background if possible.

The 'Changes since' checkbox should only be used for subsequent uses of this report in your system.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I run this with the Employee option checked for the intial run and then later run with the Changes Since option, is that going to just pick up changes that affect the Employees that I originally ran it for or is that going to pick up changes and repair for everything? It appears that when you run this in the background it automatically does the repair. It would seem to me if I ran the changes option it would pick up everything I did not run it for initially.

Thanks!

Leah

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leah,

I have to admit that I don't know the answer to that. You would assume it would pick up only data changes since the last run date, but you can't be 100%. I think someone out there knows the answer!

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leah and Luke,

I believe both of you are correct in your assumptions, but to be honest, I can't say for sure. I believe if you are going to run it on a frequent basis as a nightly job, you're supposed to use the provided variant from SAP. If I'm not mistaken, that variant has that checkbox chosen for changes since 1900 and I don't think you can choose otherwise.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leah:

If I may throw in my 2 cents.

1) SAP won't generate a business partner for employees not in an active status. So you're welcome to run HRALXSYNC for them, but it will pass them over when it actually comes time to synchronize the data . I have actually just been working with this issue recently.

2) If you run HRALXSYNC for a set of employees, it will not really affect the checkbox at the bottom (which is what is selected when you use the SAP&DEFAULT variant). If you sync 40 employees it will make their BPs. If you then run the SAP&DEFAULT variant and the date is 1/1/1900 it's going to look at those 40 employees again, but only long enough to realize their data is ok, since the sync has already been done. So the answer to your question is.... kind of.

3) If you run the SAP&DEFAULT variant today (Feb 24th 2011) and the program runs successfully to completion. The next time you run the program, that checkbox at the bottom will then reflect today's date since that's the last run time. So theoretically, if you just run the SAP&DEFAULT variant nightly and SAP will only look for changes made since the program's last run date - including any rehires of those terminated employees who didn't have BPs originally. In the example I gave you in item #2, the next time you ran SAP&DEFAULT it wouldn't find those 40 people again (unless they had data changes of some kind since the previous run of HRALXSYNC).

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. We did finally get this running in our production environment. Because of the number of employees we have we kept running into memory short dumps. In order to get it running we had to do the following:

1) Run it for all org units

2) Run for employees in ranges (25,000) at a time

3) Apply note [845002 - HRALX: HRALXSYNC performance|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=845002]

4) Run program Z_HRALXSYNC_CHANGEDATE that was created with the above note to update the 'changes since' date from 1/1/1900 to 1/1/2011

5) Schedule HRALXSYNC to run nightly with the SAP&DEFAULT variant

It is now working like a charm!

Thanks,

Leah

Answers (0)