cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR restriction on personnel number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi security experts,

It is possible to set the restriction in HR on personnel number (not only on your own persnr)?

Also when the persnr is on the default position 99999999?

The requirement is here very simple. Within the same Pers.Area, Employee group and subgroup and even in the same OrgUnit we would like to restrict on certain persnr.

Through creating a new PD-Profile we are able to restrict on persnr. However once the persnr is assigned to the default position 99999999 the security becomes obsolete and all information are visible like IT0008 Basic Salary.

I just cannot believe that SAP is not able to restrict on personnel number and that is why I have created my question in this community.

I hope to get here some clarity and some good advises.

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

The problem with position 99999999 is that it's not a true position, it does not exist as an object. If the users have access to them, I suppose it's because they are in an Org.Unit that they ae allowed to view? I never gotthat requiremenr to restrict people in default position 99999999 but here are the ways I would try:

1. Use Structural authorization Badi/User-exit to restrict the the users when they have a value of 99999999 in there position...
  2. Depending if you are aleady using or not field Org.Key in IT0001, you can have it fiiled with 99999999 when position number is the default one and add this into your roles for those who should not see these employees. You could force the 99999999 in the field through the user-exit when you save the infotype.

Regards,

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Serge for the fast reply!

Yes correct there are under an OrgUnit and we allow the users to see 99999999 for the reporting purposes. However of course some of the persnr should not be allowed to access even in the position 99999999.

We are not using the OrgKey. I know that we can use it for the security as well.

If we would use your proposal 1 will then the users loose access to all persnr which are in 99999999?

your proposal 2 would then mean that for all exit we can use the OrgKey field to enter 99999999 and to secure on that right?

Thanks

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

For proposal 1 you are right unless you add some kind of logic to only use certain ones (custom table, values form IT0001...).

For proposal 2, you could use 99999999 or any other unique value for the ones you want to control.

Regards,

Serge

Answers (0)