cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have been trying to evaluate the upgrade possibilities From ESS/MSS EHP3/4 to HR Renewal.

As per my understanding HR Renewal is an Add-on to EHP6.

Would  it be possible to directly upgrade ehp3/4/5 to HR Renewal.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks & regards,

Sumit Harwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

In addition to the technical upgrade path, in respect of ESS/MSS, you would also need to revisit the business packages you have installed (if you have self-service deployed in SAP enterprise portal). Between your current release and the one you consider moving to, there have been some significant changes involving conversion from Web Dynpro Java to Web Dynpro ABAP. Once you have upgraded the system, you will see some new business functions and sicf services that would need to be turned on. Once the business functions are active, you will see the relevant IMG nodes, together with configuration documentation, etc. Also, since such an upgrade would provide you with some enhancements for ESS/MSS, you may wish to take advantage of these, so I would suggest a review of your current design and scope for self-services would be desirable.

Kind regards,

Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can include the EA-HR 607 and LSOFE 607 in the EHP6 upgrade as long as ECC-VPACK add-on is not installed. See SAP note 1691232 for details. Observe also the dependencies between the HR Renewal SP stacks and the NW SP stacks.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1691232