cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload Multiple Documents for SAP ECTR ?

nkara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone,

We want to upload more than one document to the SAP ECTR system at the same time. (xls,pdf,wrd,txt, mixed)

Just like Catia loads data, we want to write what document we uploaded in the horizontal window.

How should I do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Nazif,

I assume, you are refering to the "import-on-demand" dialog, which shows multiple documents which are imported when clicking the "Import" function.

Well, this dialog is only available during the import of a CAD assembly, where all dependent files are determined.

Further assumption and summary of your use case:

You want to drag&drop multiple files (DOCX, PPTX, PDF, XLSX, ...) into an ECTR folder in the Desktop-Window.

Instead of individual popup-windows (Create-Dialog) per file you want to see one window like the one above where you can then create all document info records in one single step.

Correct?

If YES: this is currently not possible. Please raise an improvement request.

If NO: please describe in detail your use case.

Regards,

Gerhard

nkara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerhard,

Thank you for your support,

I will request improvement.

Regards,

Nazif

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nazif,

not sure, how you want to do the upload:

a) as mass migration import

b) upload many file to one DIR

c) just add a some file as single DIRs to SAP.

Regards, c) please see https://video.sap.com/media/t/1_19i1r4qs

Regards,

Gerhard

nkara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gerhard,

Thanks for your reply.

As you know, when we upload multiple documents (xls, pdf, etc,) to ECTR with drag and drop, a separate information window is opened for each document.

However, what I've researched and wanted to do is to appear in a single window, to see all the documents one after the other in a single window, to enter their information side by side as on the horizontal window screen.

This process will both increase the speed of the user and be more efficient.

The customer wants to quickly load 10 different documents at the same time.

However, a separate information window opens for each, which is a huge waste of time.

Regards,

Nazif

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,
maybe the information in the application help at Application Help (sap.com) could be useful for this question.
Please see also the content of WIKI page SAP Engineering Control Center (SAP ECTR) - Product Lifecycle Management - Community Wiki for further sources on ECTR behavior.

Br

Christoph